40

"We're really doing this." Derek said, holding Meredith's hand as they stood outside of the Chief's office, waiting for him to come out and get them.

"Let go."

"What?"

"You probably shouldn't hold my hand until we tell the Chief...and do something about the hickey." Meredith breathed, pulling her hand free as she began to bite her thumb nail. "I should have taken Izzie's place on labs and then I would have never seen you and Rose."

"The hickey...isn't showing." Derek replied, pulling the collar of his shirt up. "And, it's probably a good thing you saw because the jealously...very hot.:

"It's not hot...it's weird."

"Hot."

"I swear Derek Christopher if you say one more word then..well I don't know."

"You're not leaving...and don't middle name me."

"If Rose wasn't such a whore we wouldn't be here...Dr. Shepherd you're so sensitive...bitch."

"She said I was handsome."

"Gag me."

"I'm not dating Rose."

"I know." Meredith replied, beginning to pace. "We're just...I think my pager went off."

"No it didn't." Derek chuckled.

"Then the batteries might be dead...I'll go get some."

"If I have to pin you to the floor, I will."

"No you wouldn't." Meredith glared.

"Yes I would." Derek laughed.

"This...it's just not funny." Meredith groaned, moving to hit her head against the wall. "You should have stayed in Africa."

"Now that's just mean." Derek laughed, pulling her away from the wall.

"Shh...what are you doing?" She looked around the hallway, pushing his hands off of her.

"Keeping you from giving yourself a head injury."

"Go back to Africa....it would be better if you were in Africa...I wouldn't have to tell the Chief, I wouldn't want to drown Rose....a whole bunch of stuff."

"You'd miss me too much."

"Right now...I miss the feeling in my legs."

"You're that nervous?"

"No." She said quickly, turning to face him. "Not nervous..."

"I could kiss...you make it better." He whispered.

"Eww....no."

"Ew?"

"No kissing...not right now...I mean I wish I could kiss because you have this strange way of making me calm but your my boss and we can't kiss in the hallway...especially not before we tell the Chief so no...no kissing." Meredith rambled.

"Fine." Derek sighed, kissing her quickly.

"Stop that."

"I'm trying to get you to relax."

"By kissing me in front of our boss's door...Idiot."

"You're mean."

"At least I'm not a flirt."

"I'm not a flirt."

"You're such a flirt." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"I only flirt with you." Derek laughed