Chapter 2 - Reunion

"Do YOU dare?"

At these words, the strong-man facade of the noble kid crumbled in a split second, dropping his blade and bowing to Tessia.

"P-President! I-I had just finished my duel, when this PEASANT attacked me out of nowhere, without provocation!" He uttered in a trembling voice.

"State your name" Tessia's words were coated with a hint of anger.

"Nicholas Dreyl, I-I assume this kid will be dealt with accordingly? The nobleman looked back up, as a small grin started to form upon his lips.

"Wait a second! These two had a duel, and once it ended, this chum was gonna seriously hurt the dwarf he was duelling. That's why Arthur stepped in!" Elijah shouted before I could even react.

"Leywin, explain." Tessia said, as she looked at me, irritation apparent in her gaze. And yet, I could still see some softness in them as she looked at me.

Cute

"It is as Elijah here explained, upon the conclusion of the duel, Nicholas drew his blade with the intent to further harm the other student. I stepped in, drawing his attention. Then he drew his blade towards me." I spoke in a monotone manner, as to try and respect Tessia's official status, and not get any accusations of 'special treatment' from the president.

She then looked towards the crowd, where many of those who overheard the conversation shook their heads in agreement with me.

"Very well. Clive, take this troublemaker from here and see that he is dealt with accordingly. Lilia, Jared, clear this crowd as they're blocking the path. And you, Leywin, you're coming with me." Tessia spoke with authority, and no-one dared question her.... Other than the pretentious dick.

"Tessia, are you sure? I can help you with-" Clive tried to reason with nonsense, but was quickly cut off.

"That was an order, Clive!" Her gaze was as sharp as needles, aiming right at the tall idiot.

"Y-Yes, president." Clive then grabbed the noble and walked towards one of the buildings.

Tessia then proceeded to walk off, and being the sensible person that I am, didn't spare a second and followed right after her.

Sylvie, who was walking around besides us then jumped back up to my head where she started to drift off to sleep.

"Okay... Surely she's being reasonable... Right? I mean, I didn't actually do anything wrong.... Oh dear god help me."

I couldn't help but be both excited and nervous about the interaction I was going to be having with Tessia once we reached our destination.

Once we arrived, we walked into a large room with a circular desk in the center, and cabinets around the room. It was decorated nicely, fit for a king even.

"Must be the Student Council room."

And before I could even get to grips with where I was, I felt a soft embrace from my right side. I looked down to see Tessia hugging me, and her head dug deep into my shoulder. I slowly turned to face her, bringing her into my chest.

We stood in silence for what felt like forever before I broke the silence.

"Nice to see you too, Tess." I looked down at her, bringing her face up as her eyes met mine.

"I've missed you so freaking much you have no idea!" She said, with a few tears in the corners of her eyes.

"Do you have any clue how hard it was to treat you like that in front of everyone?! I hated it!"