Chapter 35 - Unexpected Celebration

Arthur Leywin POV

Some slapping on my chest woke me from my deep slumber. I could feel my body refreshed and now full of energy, having just experienced one of my best nights' sleep ever.

I opened up my crusted eyes only to find my gunmetal haired devil hitting me, alongside her blonde apprentice.

"Wake up!" They both shouted in unison, beginning to slap harder.

"Five more minuuutes..." I tried to turn over, only for my futile attempts to be stopped by Tess.

She leaped up and onto my prone body to impede any movement, causing me to groan and grab her wrists to stop the slapping.

"Alright, alright. I'm up." I huffed, sliding Tess down to my legs to allow me to get up before leaning in and giving her a light peck. She blushed and hummed happily before hopping off me.

"Come on papa, someone is waiting for you." Sylvie pulled on my arm, dragging me out of bed and pushing me towards the shower. Looking at Tess, she handed me a towel and slapped my butt before also pushing me off.

I giggled a little as I turned on the hot flowing water and drowned my partially new body, the heat comforting as I soap myself up. Finishing up, I dry my hair and body off and look into the mirror. Auburn hair with frosted tips, alongside a set of deep blue eyes, one of which now mixed with a dark purple stared back at me. And if I'm being honest... It looks good.

I hummed in satisfaction and walked back into the bedroom, forcing Sylvie out into another room and dressing myself in semi-formal attire as I didn't know what to expect, seeing as that the two girls were adamant on not telling me.

"Are you ready?" Tess asked me excitedly as I slipped on my last shoe.

"I guess so. So where are we going?" I stood up and held out my hand. She gracefully took in and leaned herself against me.

"Now let's go~." She whispered into my ear alongside a kiss on the cheek without elaborating. Pulling away, we both giggled and left, joining Sylvie and heading out.

The three of us walked out of the Elven Palace and towards the parked carriages, jumping into one of them. Tess sat on my side as Sylvie sat across from us. With a snap, we began to drive off, a silly smile on both of their faces.

I crossed my arms in a huff as they kept refusing my attempts to find out what was happening before a genius idea hit me.

I can listen to Tess' thoughts!

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on any voices in my head that she transmitted mentally, only for Sylvie to laugh at me.

"Don't bother papa, I already taught mama how to hide her thoughts this morning!" She tumbled around in her seat holding her small belly. I could only roll my eyes in disappointment.

"When did you have time for that?" I questioned.

"You woke up almost at noon! We had all morning, dummy." Tess said with a light pinch to my side. I scratched my cheek in embarrassment, not having even realized how long I'd slept.

After a few short minutes we arrived and passed through the teleportation gate to Xyrus, continuing on our journey to god knows where. But as time went on, the familiar scenery emerged, revealing we were headed back towards Xyrus Academy.

The carriage came to a stop as the tree of us hopped off, only to be met by a wrinkly old face.

"Nice to see you recovered, Arthur." She spoke.

"Nice to be here, Director Cynthia." I greeted her with a small wave.

"Oh don't be a shy boy, you almost died!" She giggled, bringing me into a surprising hug. I patted her back with an awkward laugh as I heard the two girls behind me stifle a laugh. "Now hurry along, we have things to do."