Chapter 10 - Prepare

Me and Tess were in my- well, OUR room, as she had just finished putting away some of the clothes she had brought over.

"All that's left now is to put away my toiletries." She mumbled.

"The bathroom is huge, put them wherever you want," I said whilst playing with Sylvie on the bed.

"Thanks. Oh and by the way, I better not catch you sneaking around looking at my underwear, you perv~." She teased.

"How can I sneak around when it's MY room?!" I shouted as she entered the bathroom.

I heard a low giggle from the other side of the door. I looked back at Sylvie, only to be met by my bond giving me a smug look.

"Kyuu." "Papa's a pervert" She chuckled.

"No I'm not! I would never do that!" I said as I tickled her tummy.

After a few minutes, Tess finished up and walked back into the bedroom. As she did, I tapped the spot next to me, signalling her to sit next to me.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

Without answering, I handed her the note I had gotten and proceeded to call gramps.

"Elder Virion" I spoke.

The scroll shimmered to life as his old face became visible.

"Grandpa!" Tess beamed.

"Hello you two. Nice to see you haven't called off the engagement yet." He chuckled.

"It's been less than a day old man, I'm not that awful of a fiancé." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, I trust you fully Arthur."

"So what did you need, you old coot?" I asked mockingly.

"Bah! I'm not that old yet. Anyway, I've had officials talk to your family Arthur, and their presence at the party has been confirmed."

"Thanks gramps, that means a lot to me." I smiled.

"Don't thank me yet. Not only will they be present, but your parent's old group, the Twin Horns will be attending as well!"

Tessia eyed me curiously as I thanked Virion.

"I'm glad they will be able to attend." I said.

"From what I was told by the envoys, your mother broke down into tears of joy at the news." He chuckled. "Looks like you will have some explaining to do."

"I suppose I will." I laughed alongside him.

After hearing our interaction, Tess became curious herself.

"What about mom and dad?" She asked.

"They're both ecstatic that their baby girl is getting married" He smiled."If it had been any other human, I'm sure they would have questioned it. But with it being Arthur, they couldn't be happier."

I couldn't help but blush at what he said. I had been worried that they would not accept our relationship since I'm human, but it would appear my concerns were in vain.

Tessia shed a tear of happiness as she hugged me from the side.

"Ehehe, I can't wait for the party. You better make it nice, grandpa!" She giggled, before turning her attention back to the scroll.

"I'll make it perfect, just for you my dear." He gave off a heartwarming smile. "Anyway, that was all. I need to start preparing for the party. See you in a few days, brat!"

And just like that, the scroll disintegrated and we were left with an eerie silence.

Without thinking twice, Tess threw me onto my back and jumped onto my belly.