Chapter 6 - Put You Down

On Professor Glory's signal, Tessia, Curtis and I bolted forwards. I would be taking Lucas head on, whilst Tess would fight Clive, and Curtis would go after Claire.

"Hit them hard Tess! I wanna see how much you've improved!" I shouted, getting a confident nod from her.

Shortly after, a stray fireball flew past me. As I looked towards the origin of the spell, I found none other than the stuck up brat I've been hoping to beat up.

"What's wrong Arthur? Is the prodigy afraid of a little fire?" Lucas spoke with a sadistic grin.

"I'll show you what fear truly means, Lucas." I said, trying to maintain my calm.

Let me put you in your place, boy.

Without wasting any time, I infused mana into my legs, propelling myself forward whilst dodging another barrage.

"Tch, Infernal Protector!" Lucas chanted, creating a hulking golem of fire in front of him.

"That's all you have to play, flame boy?" I mocked.

Lucas used his protector to put some distance between us, running closer towards where Tessia and Clive were fighting. Their fight already seemed to be at its climax, with Clive almost completely imprisoned by vines.

"Kyuu!" "Get him papa!" Sylvie shouted from the stands.

Turning my attention back to my own fight, I pierced the fire giant through the chest with a water lance, making it lose strength and evaporate.

Not wanting to waste any more time, I turned my attention back to Lucas as I activated Thunderclap Impulse to close in on him. Just before reaching him, he finished casting another spell, this one being much larger and mana draining.

"Inferno's Cage!" He chanted at the top of his lungs, as if trying to show off.

Several bolts of fire shot out towards me, which I blocked by creating a large stone barrier.

"Hide all you want! You're a dead man, Leywin!" He laughed.

Fuck this... I'm sick of him.

Shattering the stone barricade, I used the first phase of Sylvia's Beast Will, Static Void.

Time came to a halt around me, as I dashed towards Lucas. I got behind him and brought Dawn's Ballad into position to strike him.

I deactivated the skill as I swung my mana-infused blade, shattering his protective barrier.

With his being now in a state of shock, panic and fear, I punched him in the back of the head, making him fall face-first.

"What the hell was that?!" He exclaimed, his face red with anger as he tried to get to his feet.

Stubborn kid.

As the warning signal had not yet been activated, and as Lucas was trying to get up and chant another spell right in front of me, I did the only sensible thing.

I infused my right leg with mana... And kicked him in the groin.

Lucas squealed like a baby as the alarm on his armor blared, meaning he was out of the mock battle.

"Should've stayed down, brat." I mocked as I walked away.

Looking across the field, I noticed that Tess was now in a heated fight with Claire, as Curtis had been knocked out. She was struggling, already low on mana and at a disadvantage as Claire burned away her vines.

I ran past, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Switch out, I know her fighting style well." I said as I ran past.