Chapter 14 - Ceremony

"-thur, wakey wakey!"

It was the morning of our Engagement celebration, and I was lying fast asleep in my cozy bed.

"Wake up, Art!"

The sheets were nice and smooth on my skin, the pillow soft and plump, and of course someone had to ruin it.

"I said. Wake. UP!" With a thud, I felt a massive weight suddenly drop on top of me.

"Agh!" Opening my eyes, I noticed a pair of silver furrowed brows attached to the face of my pouting fiancé. "Tess, what the hell?!"

"I've been here, trying to wake you up for ages you dummy!" She crossed her arms as she sat herself up, still on top of me.

Gaining my strength back as I woke myself up, I grabbed her from just below the armpits and threw her to the side.

"Eep!" She panicked as she grabbed the bedsheets. "Come on Art! You only have two hours to get ready!"

As I heard her words of warning, I scrambled to get up and looked outside the window, noticing it was well into the day already.

Shit, I overslept!

Looking over to Tess with a panicked face, I noticed something weird...

"But you aren't ready yet either Tess?" She stood across the bed still in casual wear consisting of a sleeveless top and shorts.

"I've still got plenty of time..." She mumbled.

I walked over to her and gave her a flick on the forehead, before making up for it with a soft kiss.

"Go out and get ready." I smiled, before contorting my face into a devilish smirk. "Unless you wanna replace the maids in dressing me~."

She became beet red as she punched me in the arm, before running out of my room flustered.

I could never get sick of her cute antics. Whenever she pouted or became embarrassed, her expressions made my heart melt.

Me and Sylvye took a shower, which was prolonged due to my bonds squirming as she tried to avoid the water.

"KYU!" "I don't need one papa, let me go!" She squealed helplessly.

"Today's a special day, we can't have you stinking at the venue." I scolded.

After some effort, we finished up. As I left the bathroom, I found two maids already awaiting me near the bed. On one of the chairs laid a small case, containing what I assumed would be my outfit.

"Mr Leywin, shall we commence?" Knowing from experience that refusing the help from the maids was futile, I sheepishly nodded as the two began to dress me.

After a few minutes of meticulous work, I had been dressed in the outfit I would be attending my ceremony in.

It was a beautifully designed combination of both Human and Elven influence. It reminded me a lot of the suits from my old world.

A white undershirt with gold buttons was topped by a silky black, green and gold overcoat. Over my heart resided a badge with the Royal Elven Crest. In my left pocket, they wanted to give me a brand new solid gold compass, which I insisted on replacing with my old one, which linked up with a chain that flowed outside and clasped onto my overcoat. My bottoms were a solid black, with golden trimmings around the pockets and beltline.

Once they were finished, I inspected myself in the mirror, and without a doubt, this was the best I had looked in a long time. The DC Captain outfit didn't even come close.