Chapter 13 - Joining Families

Upon reaching the Royal Elven Palace in Zestier, we began to exit the carriages together, with Tess and I hand-in-hand.

Looking towards the entrance we noticed a workforce of butlers and maids awaiting our arrival, alongside Alduin and Merial.

With a welcoming smile on his face, the council member spoke.

"I'd like to personally welcome the Leywins and Twin Horns to our home here in Zestier. I hope you all enjoy your stay here, and I am ecstatic to get to know my future son-in-law's family." Alduin and Merial walked down the stairs as the servants took our bags.

Everyone other than Tessia and Virion gave a curt bow, and before I could look up, Merial had already brought me into a bearhug along with Tessia.

"I still can't believe you proposed, Arthur! Tessia, don't you dare do anything to wrong him." She let a happy screech out before playfully scolding Tess.

"Nice to see you again my Queen." I returned the hug, bringing both of the female elves closer.

"Arthur. It's either Merial or Mother now." She looked me in the eyes as Tess giggled from beside me. Looking over her shoulder, Alduin nodded in agreement with his wife.

"Very well. Alduin, Merial, I'd like you to meet my parents, Reynolds and Alice Leywin. " I motioned towards my parents who stood behind me.

"A pleasure to meet you both, your highnesses." Mom and Dad both bowed in tandem.

"Alice, please. Just like Arthur, call us by our names. You are family now!" Merial spoke as she held Alice's hand.

"Everyone, please join us for tea once you have settled." With a snap of his fingers, a personal servant assigned themselves to their duty as they escorted us to our rooms. I still recognized most of them from my years living here.

As I was leaving the carriages, I noticed Tessia stayed behind to talk to her parents with a curious face. I couldn't hear what they were saying, so I just left it be.

I was taken to the room I lived in during my childhood. Not only that, but it looked just like how I had left it, not a single item out of place.

"This brings back memories, don't you think Sylv?" I looked up to my bond who currently resided on my head.

"Kyu." "It does, I was born in here after all!" She cooed happily.

The maid who escorted me then left my bag in the corner of the room before excusing herself.

I began to unpack my clothes as I placed them in the wardrobe and dresser. Our stay here would only last for two nights, but I didn't want to have everything remain bagged up.

After I finished up, I left my room and headed downstairs to the main seating room. As I walked down the stairs, I noticed I was the last one left to arrive, and that everyone seemed to be getting along splendidly.

My father, Alduin and Virion seemed to be chatting about...fighting styles, to absolutely no-one's surprise. Mother, Merial and Helen seem to be gossiping about raising both me and Tessia. Silly stories, achievements and whatnot.

The rest of the Twin Horns looked to be looking through some documents. Taking a closer look, they appeared to be Elven maps and strategy guides. Fitting for adventurers.

Lastly, my sister and Tess were laughing about me, as Ellie seemed to be teaching Tessia some unorthodox awakening methods to use on me.

I walked behind Ellie and bonked her on the head.

"OW! Brother, what was that for?" She howled, giving me an angry stare.

"Don't you dare teach your turtore methods to my fiancé, you little devil." I scowled as everyone who heard us began to laugh.