Chapter 36 - Experience of a Lifetime

"Nice to see you too, Brother Agrona." I waved curtly at the massive Asuran.

I stood in place, somewhat nervous as he circled around me, attentively watching my body. Tessia and Sylvie were both smart enough to just stroll away and leave me to the wolves.

"So... What's so special, exactly?" I questioned, starting to get a little uncomfortable.

"Your mana signature is something else. It's like yours and Sylvia's have completely fused!" He prodded around at me like some sort of lab rat. "Enough of this, it's time for the practical testing!"

I've never seen him this excited before If I'm being honest. His current attitude was more akin to an excited little girl than a Continental Leader.

"First and foremost, go wild with your mana." He ordered.

With a few flicks of the wrist, I quickly conjured and shot out numerous spells in all elements, deviants included.

"Notice any change?" He asked with a hand on my shoulder, motioning for me to stop.

"My body feels... Lighter. And casting feels both easier and more fluid, like it has less of a strain." I looked down at the palms of my hands in wonder.

"There's something you should know." He brought over a stool, taking a seat, his expression far more serious. "When you recovered, you did not heal. Your missing limbs and body parts were taken from an Aetheric source, in this case, Sylvia's Will. And to support these changes, you mana channels have also been altered in the same manner."

"Was that what led to his painful spasms?" Tess called out to us as she listened in on the conversation, her face riddled with worry.

"Indeed, that was your body assimilating to its new channels." He nodded in affirmation. "But do not worry, your physique is still more human than dragon... As long as you don't lose any more limbs."

Despite the tense atmosphere, I couldn't help but laugh at his silly comment. With a nod, I asked him for the next step.

"Part two will be a little more tricky. The artifact your mana core consumed was of Aether, and within it were three adapting Aether Insights, one for each branch. Think of it as an 'Aether Starter Pack'." I facepalmed at the stupid name he gave to it.

"Why does it even include that?" Sylvie chimed in, sitting with Tessia as they played with each other's hair.

"A pseudo-precautionary measure. The Holy Grail was meant to be used on me once we made contact with the hidden Ancient Mages, learning their Arts directly from them once the time came. But... Your condition was a far more pressing matter." He clarified with a sober tone, bringing up the topic of the lost Mages.

"Alright then. So, what are the 'Insights' as you call them?" I asked, confused about what was so bad about this part.

"Again, the Insight within the relic is unique, adaptable. It changes depending on who consumed it." He stood himself up from the wooden stool, motioning me up. "So, enter Realmheart, and let's begin on trying to figure out what the hell you have in you."

Obeying his request, my once tipped auburn hair grew and became fully white, the purple in my iris spreading and turning both completely purple, warm golden runes traveling up my arms.

But looking down towards my torso, two new runes were present.

"I thought you said there were three?" I questioned.

"There... there should be three?" He was confused as I was, looking closely at the runes.

Oh well, more important to learn these two than to dwindle on the missing third.