Chapter 48 - Future's Befall

Arthur Leywin POV

Shimmering white hair, tied into two ponytails towards the back. Deep blue eyes gazing into me, much like my own. Fair skin, pale as moonlight. A fitting red piece of clothing, laced with a yellow bow below her neck. And a violet aura surrounded her.

Once again I found myself in this 'Mindscape', where nothing really existed, yet it did. The paradox existed forevermore, but this entity seems to break that mould.

My body felt weightless as we gazed into each other without even taking the time to blink. She wore a calculating expression on her face, as if still in the process of figuring me out, eying me up and down continuously.

"Quite the unique one, I must say." The girl spoke. She sounded no older than seventeen, but I can only imagine how wrong that assumption was.

I attempted to speak, only for my voice to not project itself. I attempted to struggle and convey my situation, which she seemed to catch onto.

"Hmm... Despite your circumstance, you lack mastery, Ascended One." A small smirk came up onto her lips as she began to circle around me.

'Ascended one? What the hell does that mean?' I began to fidget around, slowly becoming more nervous and wary of my helpless situation. The girl noticed this, causing her to chuckle.

"Worry not, young one. This isn't even the first time we have talked." She let out another coy laugh. "But perhaps you would recognize this voice?"

Everything from the pitch to the intensity of her voice changed into one that instantly clicked within me.

'She's the one who told me to 'Descend'...'

"A fate worse than death awaits those close to you, Ascended One. Yet we can prevent that" Her tone came a little more threatening, alongside a hint of urgency.

"We have the tools, and you are the key. Together, we can prevent the fall of this world." A shiver went up my spine as she put emphasis on the end.

'Does she know? But how?'

"Our time runs short. Hurry now, we await your arrival." Her slender figure vanished from sight, leaving me alone in the endless void.

Slowly but surely, I began to feel my limbs again, then my torso, before finally gaining control over my heavy eyelids. Groggily opening them up, I stared at a somewhat familiar ceiling as a warm feeling encompassed my body.

Gold and red adorned my surroundings, but what caught my eye as I slowly turned my neck was the head of silver hair sleeping soundly next to me. She looks as cute as ever, despite her hair being all over the place.

Sitting myself upright, I brought my hand to her shoulder and lightly shook her.

"Wake up Tess~." I whispered into her pointed ear before taking a little bite.

"Eek!" She jolted up upon feeling the sensation, her face bright red from sheer surprise.

"How long was I out?" I asked in the most innocent voice possible, attempting to suppress my laughter.

"Not that long, two or three hours at most." She answered, throwing her body before stifling me into a hug. "I was still worried though..."

"Sorry Tess... But I hope it all worked out...?" I questioned, causing her to avert her gaze sheepishly.

"That... That's a matter you should take up with Agrona." She huffed. "Speaking of, he told me to bring you to the main hall once you were awake."

I nodded, pulling the sheets off my body only to find that I was in fact... Naked. I spin my head around to look at my fiancé, only to find her already with her back to me, the tips of her ears a deep crimson.