Chapter 19 - History

"Yes... She was my wife."

Sylvia... Was Agrona's Wife?!

I stood in shock at his statement, not able to come up with any words. My legs became numb as I fell into one of the seats. If Sylvia was his wife, then that would mean...

"Sylvie... She's your... Daughter." I managed to stutter out, looking towards my bond.

"Her name is Sylvie?" Agrona sat himself down in the seat directly across from me.

"I named her in honour of her mother..." My hands were shaking as I spoke, my throat becoming dry.

"She's no longer with us... Is she?" He seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"No... I spent her last moments together with her, deep inside some sort of cave."

"In her last few moments, she gave me Sylvie's egg, and implanted her will into my core. She... She told me to live a free life, and carry the legacy she could not. I didn't know what that meant at the time, but once Sylvie was born, I realized she wanted me to give her daughter a good life."

At this point, tears were streaming down my face as the painful memories came rushing back to me. Agrona began to quietly sob, a few stray tears escaping his eyes.

Looking down, I motioned towards Agrona.

"S-Sylvie... This is your father, your blood." I stuttered, tears still streaming.

"Kyuu..." "But aren't you my papa?" She cried.

"I'll always be you papa, but Agrona is your father." I nodded towards him with a coy smile.

Looking towards his one and only daughter, he gave the largest smile I've seen him radiate thus far. Sylvie walked across the table and stood below him.

"Sylvie... A beautiful name for a beautiful daughter..." He cried once more as he caressed Sylvie. "Arthur... Thank you. Thank you for taking such good care of my child."

I gave him a weak smile, my eyes still swollen.

"Worry not. You've spent years with her, and I would never dream of taking her from you." He spoke with a more calmed voice. "But I do have a request."

"Anything, Agrona. If it's for Sylvie, anything." I nodded.

"Allow me to help bring her up, and to help train her. When we found out that we were going to have a child, Sylvia and I made preparations, which as you can tell... were never used."

"I would be honoured." I gave him a small bow.

I extended my hand in an effort to shake his hand, he gladly took it, but as he did, a sudden pain exploded from my mana core, coursing through my body.

I began to spasm with half of my body on the table, barely holding myself. After a few seconds, it began to subside as a voice began invading my mind.

"Hello boys. If you're hearing this, it means that, by some miracle, my dear Agrona and my little pupil Arthur, you made contact. If this really has happened, I could not be happier." Sylvia's voice echoed through my mind. Looking up to Agrona, he wore a face of disbelief as he heard the same message.

"This is a recorded message to the both of you. Agrona, my love, I hope you're doing okay. If my estimations are correct, you have likely met our daughter by now. Oh, I can only imagine how cute she is! Anyway, you and I both knew I would never make it out alive from this feud, and living in hiding like this would be awful for our daughter, so I decided to give my will and our egg to Arthur. I sense unbound potential within the boy, and deem him worthy of the responsibility." I began to sob once more as the message played. I will never forget the wonderful months I spent with my Grandma Sylvia.