Chapter 33 - Connected

Tessia Eralith POV

It's been so long.

I miss his voice. I miss his smile. I miss his goofiness, his antics, his touch... I miss my fiancé.

It's been three days since Arthur stopped having his spasm attacks, causing his body to change. Agrona said that despite this, we still had a slim chance of seeing him pulling through. The 'Holy Grail' as he called it was meant to be used on himself one day, giving him 'Aetheric Insight' for whatever purpose he required.

But he gave it to Art, to try and save his life. And yet... It might not even pay off...

I stepped back inside my bedroom after spending the whole day talking away with Sylvie, who was currently holding my hand, and an unconscious Arthur back in Alacrya. We stepped out of the blinding light of the Tempus Warp before it faded, taking it back and placing it within my dimensional ring.

I sat myself down on the bed, before curling up into my sheets and blanket as Sylvie plopped down beside me. The room was dark, it has been like this for the past week, ever since I began making little to no contact with anyone other than my daughter. The curtains remained closed as I shut myself in.

The only time I ever saw someone was if they visited Art during the same time period as me, or when they brought up food for me. But I didn't even deserve that...

After all, it's my fault Arthur might very likely be dead. I wasn't strong enough to protect us. I wasn't smart enough to decipher the enemy's plans. I led Arthur to sacrificing himself for me...

As tears began to escape my eyes for the millionth time since I can remember, a lanky pair of arms wrapped around me in an attempt at comfort.

"It's okay, mama..." She spoke softly, but still was not able to hide her hurting.

I shook my head in denial at her words. It's my fault. It's all MY fault!

As I cried and sniffled away, a knock could be heard at the door.

"Come in." I spoke in a shaky and dejected tone.

Grandpa walked in with a tray made up of a diverse selection of meats, vegetables and drinks. He had a massive pair of bags under his eyes, looking like he hasn't had a proper night's sleep in weeks.

"Have something to eat, little one." He spoke in almost a whisper.

I didn't bother to answer him, I didn't even look at him twice. I just tucked my head down and in between my legs as the tears continued.

I could hear him let out a saddened and hopeless sigh before handing the tray to Sylvie and closing the door behind him.

"Mama, you need to eat. And please take a bath." Sylvie tugged at my shirt with a pleading voice.

My personal hygiene stopped mattering. I probably looked worse than when I was covered in crimson on the day of the accident. My hair is dishevelled, my face unclean and clothes untidy. I just couldn't be bothered, and why does it even matter if Arthur won't see it?

Sylvie's tugging and pleading didn't stop, and frankly began to get annoying, so I just got up and grabbed the first towel I spotted with a sigh before heading into the bathroom.

The warm water hit my bare body, turning my pale skin a rosy tint. The warmth reminded me of the night's Art and I spent together in each other's embrace as we enjoyed and slept the night away in ecstasy.

I finished up and dried myself off before any more of those memories could bubble up and hurt me more, dressing myself in some clean clothing that Sylvie had prepared for me.