Chapter 26 - Mage Family

"Papa!" Sylvie shouted excitedly as I opened the door, running into my arms. I picked her up and gave her a hug before setting her back down.

My meeting with Aya ended just a few minutes ago, and I made it back to the SCDC building to pick up my fiancé and bond to meet with Agrona.

Tess was sitting on the bed as she looked at me lovingly, her lips forming a warm smile and emerald eyes deep with passion. I motioned her over before embracing her into a bearhug.

"So... How do we get Sylvie to the training room unnoticed?" I questioned, looking at the two girls. A smug grin crept up on Tessia's face as she pulled out a black mantle from her dimensional ring.

"With this!" She exclaimed, putting the large piece of clothing over Sylvie, the hood hiding her entire head and some of the face. She looked like a mini grim reaper.

I could only chuckle as Sylvie tried to adjust the large hood, whilst Tess held her hands on her hips, and chest puffed out like she had just won a medal in pride.

We left the bedroom and headed down to the training room. Sylvie walked in between the two of us, holding both of our hands like a child. I couldn't help but think about how we really did look like a real family, and how I would not be able to stand the morning after Gramps finds out, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

A few students spotted us on our walk, but it seemed like none raised any questions or concerns, merely gossiping about the sight. I suppose everyone will know about it by tomorrow.

Opening the door, the tall, black onyx horned individual came into sight. He was facing away from us, looking over the lush ambiance the room was made out of.

"Nice to see you Agrona." I greeted. "You have some explaining to do."

Hearing my voice, the High Sovereign turned around to meet my gaze, but instead turned his attention to the small figure beside me. Tessia pulled off the hood from Sylv's head, revealing the blond haired child, a playful smile spread from cheek to cheek.

Agrona's eyes seem to light up into heart-shaped figures upon laying his eyes upon the girl, quickly making his way to us, kneeling down in front of her.

"Isn't she the cutest!" Tess ruffled her hair a little as Sylvie giggled.

"Indeed she is. She even has her mother's golden eyes." He complimented, caressing her left cheek gently. Sylvie dropped her head into the palm of his large hand as is asking for more attention.

"Well then, I suppose it's time to explain how this happened?" I requested with an inpatient look.

"Right, of course." he nodded as he cleared his throat, standing back up. "You see, the old seal she had placed on her limited her drastically, including her humanoid form. When I altered said seal, her mana levels began to rise, and she adopted this figure."

"So... She should have been in this form for a while now?" Tess asked curiously.

"Indeed. Indrath children adopt a humanoid form at the age of three, and remain like that for a majority of their lives. They generally only transform for life-threatening combat challenges." He clarified.

So I suppose this means Sylvie won't be returning to her small fox-like form any more... Looks like we need to adapt.

"Aright, I'll go and talk to Director Goodsky and gain permission for Sylvie to accompany me in school from now on." I nodded. "But is there anything we can do about... These?"

I hunched down slightly as I pulled away some of her hair, revealing the stubby horns.

"Having these seen by other students will draw unwanted attention. Can we hide them in some way?" I asked Agrona, to which he merely smiled.