Chapter 1: The Beginning of The End

My life flashing before my eyes.

I still remember how my life going since I arrived in Devildom. As an exchange student from the human world, I, MC, bear a great responsibility for the peace of three worlds, under Diavolo's leadership. I manage to overcome various challenges to survive in Devildom, starting from maintaining relationship with the demon brothers to the prince of Devildom himself. I succeed. They all grew fond to me including my fellow exchange students.

We spend time together everyday, happily, peacefully. I thought as long I treasure our relationships, everything would be fine. I have a happy life with everyone here in Devildom. But...I didn't expect the day where the happiness and peacefulness dissappear will eventually came...

I can't believe my eyes!

This can't be real! This must be a nightmare! Wake up, me! Wake up!

I can't stop slapping myself in hope I will find myself lying on my bed in the House of Lamentation. Suddenly, a hand seize my arm, forcing me to stop hurting myself and accept reality.

Mammon locks his grip and never let my hand go. He look at me with desperate eyes. I can see he is worrying about me at the moment. When I see the demon who is always close to me no matter what happened, I feel comfortable. I calm myself as I look around the room. Mammon isn't the only one who is with me now. All the demon brothers, the angels and the sorcerer along with the demon prince and his butler are in presence.

It was as clear as day when the pandemonium starting.

We are not gathering for fun in the deepest level of the basement of the demon castle. The fact is, we were accidentally come here. It wasn't on purpose. Diavolo called out everyone for meeting in the meeting room earlier, we're wearing our RAD uniform. Stuff happened and here we are. I don't know how to explain. It's so twisted that I thought it was a dream.

Then, things just got from weird to worse. This basement is no usual. This is the forbidden basement that Diavolo strictly forbid the other to enter. The worst is, the seal huge coffin which was made to keep the demon king asleep now is cracking. The cracks were getting bigger and finally, the coffin is destroyed from inside.

I can't stand the magic pressure that coming out from the coffin. Standing near the extreme magic alone is enough to kill a human being. As I was about to faint, Solomon shielded me with his magic. He noticed I was suffering due to the magic surrounding the demon king. The demon king's magic is too strong that it can even suppressing Diavolo's. That alerts everyone, the demon king is a big threat.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

At first, I thought the demon king is our ally, however, after some observation, I can confirm that everyone is not pleased with the king's return. Even Diavolo, he stands at the very front on his guard while clenching his fists. He frowns at his father as he is not welcoming him after centuries. I thought he hates his father since he always strict on him when he was younger but that's not the case.

"Diavolo..."

Lucifer locks his eyes on Diavolo. Since they're dealing with the demon king himself, they need to wait for his son to take actions. At this crucial time, one wrong move, everyone will die under the demon king's hand. Lucifer couldn't care less of the demon king or what Diavolo's thinking right now. Sweating, he keep glancing back where his brothers and me standing, with worried eyes. He is more concern of me and his brothers' safety, "I can't afford to lose any of you."

"Why the cold shoulder? I know the demon king is the most powerful being, stronger than Diavolo, but weren't you guys serving under him a long time ago? Why worried like he would kill everything that appear before his eyes?" I striked the seven brothers with the question while talking about Diavolo's father few weeks ago.