Chapter 20: Hope For Humanity

"So... there's this one human here..."

Behemoth almost splurted out the tea he was sipping when he heard Agares's voice.

"Agares?!"

The room becomes cold and eery out of the blue. Agares looks emotionless like usual. Crossing his arms, he leans on the door while carrying the katana. Whenever he goes, he always has his weapon with him.

"Are you talking about Yuki?"Asked Behemoth.

"Oh...'Yuki' is their name, huh?...Well..."He turns around.

"You're alone? Where are the others?"

"How should I know?"Agares doesn't care about his colleagues at all. He just minds his own business.

"Wait, Agares. Where are you going?"

"I'm off to the human world. Just received a new order from his majesty."

***

Yuki closed their eyes just like Uriel said. They are so scared of their life now. They are not ready to die yet.

'It's cold...? What happened to my body?'

They open their eyes in suspense and see...Uriel is still hugging them as tight as he could to let his power flow over their body. They were on the verge of death. Uriel's power neutralized the heat of the flame and saved both of them from being burned alive.

While he is at it, he grabs Yuki's waist and carries them away. His hands are shaking like crazy because this is the first time he ever touches a human and he's so guilty and uncomfortable about it.

"Where do you think you're going—?!"

Agares's hand froze mid air. A mysterious magic circle is flowing over his arm. He tries to break it with the other hand but fails.

BUKK!

Due to his restlessness, Uriel accidentally dropped Yuki mid air...

"Sorry! Are you okay—!"

...and somehow crashed on his own.

"...I should be the one asking you that."Replied Yuki awkwardly.

"I...I'm sorry... I can't take it anymore..."Uriel lost his composure.

"What's wrong with you? You're shaking awfully crazy!"

He falls to their knees and raises both hands to pray, asking for God's forgiveness right there right now even though they are in the middle of a fight.

"! That's right..."Yuki just remembers...Aside from Wisdom, Uriel goes by the other name; The Angel of Chastity. Normally he is not allowed to make a physical contact with anyone. He doesn't even dare to shake hands with other angels let alone touch a human body. And here just now...he hugged Yuki... Though he has a good reason but still...he feels so bad.

Agares pulls his frozen hand but it won't budge. The magic seems to be powerful enough to withstand Agares's strength.

"...Whose magic is this?"

Agares is impressed. This is the first time magic is able to stop his movement. Whoever cast it must be really powerful.

"Looks like I made it in time. You're not hurt, right Yuki?"

"! That voice!"

Yuki quickly turns around and sees someone standing behind them. A certain sorcerer but with a cracked forehead and paralyzed right leg. He is clinging onto a pole to support him standing.