Chapter 14: The Angel of Wisdom

"Simeon, are you okay?"

The prison is so silent and boring. The angels hate to be around the cell but Raphael is still putting his feet there just to visit Simeon. Although it's a prison, it's quite luxurious and comfortable like a bedroom. Since Simeon's rank is high, they put him in a big cell. However, he doesn't feel thankful and comfortable at all. A prison is a prison and it's the most disgraceful and hateful place for an angel.

It's been 10 minutes since Raphael stands in front of Simeon's cell. He can't see the prisoner because the door is opaque. With gentle touch, he knocks on the glass door again.

"Simeon, it's me, Raphael."

"..."

No answer. He heard Raphael but refused to reply. Raphael just sighs. He knows full well that Simeon was feeling down.

"Are you sulking? Come on...I want to talk with you."

"...Talk?"His eyes look gloomy and his voice is shaking."You want to talk with a sinner like me?"

Raphael leans himself on the door which he believes Simeon is leaning from the other side."You're not a sinner...maybe a little but still..."

"I'm a disgrace of all angels. I have no right to call myself an angel, let alone the high ranked one anymore! Sooner or later...I'll eventually die. So, leave me and my misery alone, Raphael."

Raphael can't stand it. Simeon sounds so tormented and depressed. He remembers he saw the same scenario during the Great Celestial War and he admits...he hated it so much.

"No. You're doing the right thing, Simeon. I mean it."Raphael taps on the glass door.

"...Am I?"Simeon rests his head on the door, thinking if the action he took was right.

"...You're saying you're regretting? You're saying you're giving up? You're saying you don't want to see Luke and the other again? You're saying you don't want to see Yuki again?!"

"...I...I miss them...I miss everyone..."From the beneath of his heart, he really wants to meet them again if he could. Unfortunately, it won't happen anytime soon.

"Wake up, Simeon. This is not like you. There's still hope. I can guarantee. They're trying their best to fix the situation."

"...Hope...huh?"

"You faced situation like this many times in past! What's the difference now? Michael is trying to save you too, you know?"

"...He is?"He turns his head towards the door at his back quickly.

Since he managed to grab Simeon's attention, Raphael tells him everything that's happened so far, including the conditions Michael provided. The Archangels agreed to give Diavolo 3 days to defeat the demon king and redraw the war declaration. If he succeed, Simeon's punishment will be lowered and he'll not be executed. But if he failed...

"I see... Michael really said that, huh?"

"You know how Michael is, he would never turn back on his words, means...he's rooting for the demons to win against their king. Since this is their problem, we angels, have no right to interfere with their fight. We can only put our faith on Diavolo and the brothers to defeat the demon king. The outcome of their fight will determine our war with them soon. Still...I can say Michael hopes for their win so he can save you. He really wants to save you, Simeon."

"...I almost couldn't believe it...Has Michael softened a bit?"

"I guess...He's still bothered by the past Celestial War... Nevermind that, there's still hope to save you...to save everyone. So...cheer up, Simeon."