Chapter 36: The World Without Rules II

"Why are we hiding?"

"Who's this 'she' you were talking about?"

"Lucifer and you know each other?"

The brothers keep throwing questions over questions during the time they follow Dantalion to an unknown place. But the demon is just silent and ignores them as his main focus is to bring them to a safer place. He leads the group farther and deeper into hell. Lucifer starts to get annoyed. At some point, he loses his temper and yells.

"Shut up, all of you!"

His loud and rough voice silences everyone. It went from loud to awkward silent and only their footsteps can be heard. The walk take them about 40 minutes as they travel from the deserted area to a more lively place, a small city. A few local demons can be seen walking around. All buildings and houses look old and ancient compared to the one in Devildom. The road is cracked and shattered everywhere. The brothers are surprised to see such bad states as they got used to Devildom's modern city.

Dantalion takes a turn and leads the brothers to a building in secluded area. It is an old mansion with no one around. Judging from the appearance, the mansion looks abandoned and haunted.

Dantalion turns his head left and right several times to make sure no one is watching their movement. Line clear. He walks to the front door and twists the doorknob. But the door only leaves a 'click' sound without moving an inch. He frowns and looks confused at why he can't open the door.

The clueless General lets out a frustration noise when Lucifer points out a note on the door."That."Lucifer points a finger at a piece of paper sticking on the door above Dantalion's head.

'Sorry, Dan! I went out for groceries!'- CuteA

The cute doodle and heart only make Dantalion's blood boils up even more.

Asmodeus chuckles."Aww...that's cute. 'CuteA'? Who is this cutie? Your lover? I mean...for someone as cool as you, I'm not surprised! Tell us! Tell us!"His eyes are sparkling like a diamond. He is so interested to hear his story.

"Ughh...another normie..."Leviathan rolls his eyes and looks away in disgust.

"But...he looks annoyed though."Said Beelzebub looking slightly concerned with Dantalion's expression just now. That look is not from someone who has a lover.

"'CuteA'? Pfft... that's what ya called her?"Mammon giggles.

Dantalion raises his head and retorts."Don't misunderstood. She's not my lover."

"Eeeh? You broke up already? Why? Tell us!"

"Mind your own business, Asmo."Said Lucifer sternly.

"Aww...but..."

"My only question is...why is her name 'CuteA'? And...she calls you 'Dan'?"Asked Satan with curiosity.

"You too, Satan. Mind your own business!"Lucifer strides and take off the note from the door. He smells a trace of blood from it. Someone who always gets their hands dirty is the one who wrote the note."...this must be your colleague's?"

Dantalion sighs angrily."Correct. Her name is Anqa. I told her to guard this building but she ran off somewhere without informing me first! And she brought the key with her!"He complains at Lucifer as if the demon can do something about it.

Lucifer places a finger at the door surface and rubs it slowly. His black glove is covered with dust."This place looks old and dusty...what's this place anyway?"

"One of our rest and hiding places. Normally, if we have guests, we'll bring them here for protection but...thanks to my colleague, there's no enter."Said Dantalion with a heavy sigh. He's low-key expected this to happen but it's still annoying for him. Now, they are stuck outside the mansion.