Chapter 9: A Sorcerer, Demon and Dragon

WHOOSHH!

The wind pressure is strong enough to slice off the buildings and trees into tiny pieces. To protect everyone from becoming slaughtered cows, Solomon snaps his fingers, objecting transparent borders and shields. After making sure everyone's fine, he snaps his fingers again. A light emerges from below and make his feet lighter, light enough to float on air. Solomon uses his flying spell to observe every move of the dragon from above. The dragon is still moving around aggressively, trying to break itself free from the magic chains. At the same time, a dark aura emanate from the dragon can be seen clearly for Solomon.

"Even from this far, I can still feel the poison. If someone gets any closer, they will probably die."

He keep his eyes lock on the dragon. A wrinkle carved on forehead, Solomon is having a hard time to think the best strategy to kill the dragon without hurting anyone. He takes a quick glance at his apprentice down there. Yuki is still not done with the ritual. While they are at it, Solomon also keep his eyes on his fellow sorcerers and witches. Some of them were already collapsed due to the lack of magic energy inside their body. Solomon is worried. He doesn't want to let anyone to be a sacrifice in this battle.

"Looks like Yuki is still not done yet. Things are not looking good..."

He murmurs under his breath. Though he admit he's a little panic but he still manage to act calm and cool like usual. Not showing any weaknesses to anyone. It's Solomon's way. Actually, despite his lots experiences, he'd never fight a dragon in past. He just heard and learn about it in history books. Thus, this is his first time facing against the monster in flesh.

On the middle of air, Solomon summons his magic book on left while uses his right index finger to write a spell on air.

"Who did I just summon?"

Yuki's waiting for the demon's full appearance with suspense. The demon is facing on the opposite side so Yuki could only see his back. Their heart is beating so fast, wondering who's the random demon brother they summoned.

SHAAAA...

Seconds later, after the fog and smoke finally cleared, blown away by the wind, Yuki began to be able to see the demon clearer.

A pair of wings, white haired and tan demon...

"Ma...Mammon...?"

They didn't expect they just summoned their first demon. Without realisation, tears rain down upon their cheek profusely. It's just several days apart but Yuki can't handle their emotion. It feels like they didn't see him forever. What's more, they thought they could never see him again. Despite the chaotic situation they're in, Yuki doesn't bothered and keep staring at his back while crying with tears of joy.

With surprise and confusion, Mammon doesn't realise Yuki was standing behind him yet. He only think about how he was in the common room with his brothers a second ago. The next second he found himself here, in the human world. Yuki sneaked behind him and wrap their arms around his waist with affection. They startled him and left his face on red. At this point, they don't care anymore. They miss him. They miss Mammon so much that they hug him very tight to the point they could hear his breathing and quick heartbeats. Mammon glance behind him just to find out the only human he loves is hugging him with passion. To be honest, he feels like he's in heaven right now.

"He...Hey?! What's up with ya? Ya can't just summon and hug me without warning!"

His blush is as red as tomato. Looking at their face, Mammon can't help but to hug them back. There's no way he's going to waste the opportunity.