Chapter 46: Escape the Purgatory I

Once Vepar hovers above the demons in presence with his pair of wings spreading and flipping, he sends a cruel smile at Belial. The demon with yellow-colored hair and
purple-colored eyes looks down at all demons while having Beelzebub and Belphegor gripping at either sides of his arms. With a slow movement, Vepar flips his wings downward and descends to the ground with a soft thud.

"...Thank you."Beelzebub feels grateful to Vepar, showing his appreciation for saving him and Belphegor.

Lucifer breathes a sigh of relief, knowing his brothers are safe. However, he is aware that he can't rest easy yet. Although Vepar saved their life, they can't fully believe that they're safe in his care without knowing his true motive.

Belial and Vepar's gaze met. Belial is annoyed like a child throwing tantrums since Vepar interrupted the 'game' he was playing. He puts away his bow and confronts his colleague.

"What is this all about?"He lifts up his head.

"I should be the one who asks you that."Retorted Vepar with a mocking smile. He gives the brothers a quick glance before returning his gaze at Belial."Listen to what I'm about to say first."He intones with a firm and stern voice so that Belial will have no choice but to comply to him.

Since Belial is quite short, Vepar had to bend down a bit to whisper into his ear. The seven brothers can only hear his murmurs vaguely.

Belial's eyes widened in surprise."Are you serious?!"He spoke with disbelief.

Vepar nods and turns his face to the brothers."Gremory told me everything."He said.

"?!"

"...She really did...?"Asked Asmodeus.

Vepar nods and bows down respectfully. He places a hand on chest and lowered his head."The Eighth General of Purgatory, Vepar is at your service. It's an honor to meet all of you, the Seven Rulers of Hell."He stands back straight up before continues,"I have considered Gremory's request to grant you permission of Lethe."

"Why haven't I been informed anything about this?"Grumbled Belial with his hands on hips.

"Gremory contacted me earlier. Due to some circumstances...she might not be able to contact you. I'm here to deliver the information."

"And yet...you agreed so easily! Why must we comply with her request?!"

Vepar argues back."You think I took this matter leisurely?! I was about to reject her request but then...I noticed something was off based on her quiet and stuttered voice."

They started to suspect that something bad had happened to her.

Vepar lets out a heavy sigh before continues,"While on the call, I noticed that...Gremory was dying."

Everyone lets out a surprise gasp. They can't help but deliver their concern. Gremory rarely involves herself in serious matters because she dislikes troubles so the fact she's dying is very concerning. The only possible cause is...someone attacked her.

Vepar sighs in frustration. He looks very restless and distressed."Before she passed out, she managed to warn me...Agares is coming."

Belial feels shivers down his spine."Oh hell no..."

"That guy again..."Said Beelzebub, getting familiar with the name. Although they haven't met him yet, they can tell that Agares is very dangerous based on how the others react. Knowing Agares, Lucifer can confirm that he is their biggest threat now.

"Since even Agares is involved in this matter, I have decided to comply with Gremory and help the brothers. I hope you do the same, Belial."Said Vepar sternly. He purposely raised his voice to force Belial to listen to his words.