Chapter 44: In Search For Lethe

"How is it?"

Lucifer smirks at Gremory, knowing they managed to make it in time. As per the deal, the seven brothers successfully escaped the maze full of monsters within 30 minutes. It was difficult but they managed to pull it up.

The broken sword is still there inside Lucifer's grip. After blocking the attack earlier, the sword snapped into two. He glances at the half-blade sword before tossing it away since it no longer can be used. Leviathan, Satan and the others also toss away their broken weapons casually.

Gremory sees the big hole formed on the walls, serving as a quick passage for the brothers.'I see...they baited the monster to shoot through the multiple walls, creating a shortcut...' She expected them to fail but they proved her wrong.

She was surprised but then, her expression shifted drastically. She smiles sinisterly. Her pupils shrink and her eyes dilate including her third eye, exposing the dark pupil on forehead. She's excited. From her observation so far, no demons were able to survive the maze without power...except them. And that's enough reason for her to feel more interested in them.

"Ughh...finally..."Mammon barely walks to the front, his knees feel weak after the fight.

The sound of her claps echoes as she walks towards them."You did it...Congratulations."Said Gremory calmly, trying to contain her excitement.

The seven brothers stare at the three-eyed demon. As expected, she wears some parts of armour just like the rest. Aside from Lucifer, this is the first time they meet Gremory in person. From her appearance alone, they can easily recognise her as one of the Generals. The imperfect armour and sword are the proofs.

"So...you're Gremory?"Asked Asmodeus with a smile. He can't stop staring at her eyes. They're so beautiful like a crystal and sometimes change colours randomly."Oh my..."

"Yep, that's me. Nice to meet you, the Seven Rulers of Hell."She places a hand on chest and bows respectfully at them."You passed the test and as per our deal, I will assist you from here."

Gremory snaps her finger and a majestic and firm villa appears in their sight. The villa can't be seen with normal eyes. That's why she adjusted their eyes so the building is visible for them.

"Woah...what kind of magic did you use?"Asked Beelzebub.

"It's not magic. It's my power. I just simply manipulate your sight. Now, follow me. Let's talk inside, shall we?"

She opens the gate and leads the brothers inside. The villa is just like the mansion where Dantalion, Anqa and Eligos stay in the east. It's as large and as luxurious as the mansion. This is where Gremory lives. Unlike the three Generals in the east, Gremory works alone in the south so she's the only General who is responsible here. She is the kind of demon who prefers to work alone no matter how difficult the duty is.

The villa is barely furnished though. Entering the dining area, it is way too large for eight people.

"A villa in the middle of a maze?"Asked Satan as he takes a seat here. It's a bit dusty which is already expected. Gremory rarely cleans the room considering she lives alone in the huge villa. Moreover, she doesn't bother to.

She serves them the Purgatory style of tea. Instead of using a tea bag, she uses a leaf and dips it into cold water. It is a special leaf to make tea. The water then will naturally heat up when the leaf dissolves.

"Yeah. I live alone in the middle of the maze. For your information, you only escaped the first part of the maze. Regardless, it's still impressive. And I admit I underestimated you a bit..."Gremory shrugs and places the teapot on the dining table. She takes a seat at the edge and invites the brothers to take a sip but with the colour and smell of the tea, they hesitate. Compared to what Barbatos brew in Devildom, this tea makes them want to vomit.