Chapter 38: First Encounter

In the guest room...

"What are you eating there, Beel?"Asked Asmodeus.

"Munch...munch...hm? This? Ohh...a snack that Eligos gave me. Want some, Asmo?"Beelzebub offers a snack shaped like bloody eyeballs towards Asmodeus. It looks terrifying and disgusting but Beelzebub doesn't care as long as it tastes delicious.

"Uhh...no thanks..."Said Asmodeus and looks away. He lost his appetite just by looking at the eyeballs in the snack box.

Lucifer was still walking back and forth near the window. He looks restless.

"Lucifer, sit down here with us."Said Asmodeus while patting an empty spot next to him.

"I'm good. Don't worry."

"..."

Asmodeus and Beelzebub glance at each other before sighing.

"...I have been meaning to ask you this...Since when you and Dantalion are friends?"Asked Asmodeus with curiosity.

"Right. If Dantalion lives in Purgatory, how did you two even met before?"Asked Beelzebub.

Lucifer stops walking and turns to his brothers. He feels a bit uncomfortable talking about the topic."...I wouldn't say we're friends as I'm not completely trust him. However, I can say he's a close acquaintance of mine. The same with other Generals I guess..."

"Tell us. I'm interested!"Said Asmodeus cheerfully like a child wanting to hear a storybook from their parents.

Lucifer looks down and shakes his head slowly."I can't say our first meeting is something pleasant though. In fact, it's unnerving."

"Why?"Asked Asmodeus, feeling confused.

Him and Beelzebub look genuinely interested and wanting Lucifer to elaborate further.

"..."

Lucifer falls into his thoughts and contemplates for a while before finally opening his mouth. He feels hesitant to tell the story to the others but since his brothers are asking, he will just do it."I met the Nine Generals of Purgatory for the first time in the demon king castle...around the time when the Celestial War is over. Right after our fall to be exact."

"!!!"

Submit to survive? That's the concept that Lucifer Morning Star, the Seraphim and also the Archangel needs to endure. He had to submit to the demon king and his son, Diavolo to live in hell. Having turned into a demon and forced to leave the heaven forever, it's completely unbearable. Not only that...he accidentally dragged his beloved brothers to hell and lost his sister at the same time.

He thought the situation can't get any worse until...on the seventh day after the tragedy...

BOOM!!!

...he went insane and berserk.

The demon king castle shakes violently. The destruction is everywhere. Everyone thought it was an army of angels but turns out...it was just the fallen angel, Lucifer.

The House of Lords and other high ranked demons are more than ready to subdue Lucifer but Diavolo and Barbatos stop them.

"Don't."

Diavolo's voice is so rough and deep, completely different from his usual self. He warns the other demons to not touch Lucifer and gives them a death glare. He would probably kill anyone who dares to get near Lucifer. Barbatos is standing next to him, supporting him and smiling sadistically.