Chapter 2: The Calm Before The Storm

3 hours earlier…

Another day in RAD, I join the student council officers for the meeting today. Diavolo asked me to join to discuss about the upcoming Devildom's biggest event. Barbatos mentioned this is the most crucial event that should be celebrated every few years.

"Alright, that concluded our meeting for today. I hope everyone understands every task that needs to be done."Diavolo summarizes all decisions and agreements that have been made during the meeting.

Lucifer looks at his brothers with serious look."We're about to celebrate Devildom's biggest anniversary, the most crucial and meaningful event that only occurs once in 1000 years. The success of this event depends on how you manage each task. Don't mess up."

"..?!"

"Yikes! Yeah, I know! No need to give me that look, Lucifer!"Mammon trembles as Lucifer gives his glare on him only.

"Sigh...we all know the only one who will fool around and mess up is you, Mammon. Don't you realize that?"Leviathan chuckles seeing a flustered Mammon.

Satan who was sitting in front of Leviathan annoyed and immediately cut out their arguments."Like you're the one to talk, Levi. You summoned Lotan multiple times during past events, remember?"

"! It-it was an accident! I told you I didn't do that on purpose!"

Belphegor grumbles half asleep."Sigh...just make sure no one causes trouble again this time. I'm tired dealing with idiots."

"Shut up, Belphie. Most of the time you just slip away and sleep somewhere, pretend like nothing happens! You never help up cleaning after their mess!"Asmodeus retorts.

"Hm, really? I don't remember I did that, Asmo."

"Oh, you're!"

While the tension began to filled the room, Beelzebub can't stop holding back his hunger."...can you guys lower your voices...? All these arguments just make me hungry..."

"..."

Diavolo can see Lucifer's boiling up that he slowly back away, letting him to handle his brothers' shenanigans. With all his might, Lucifer smacks the meeting table while yelling.

"SHUT UP!"

"..."

Everyone immediately falls silent, scared of him. Barbatos silently praises Lucifer for shutting the brothers' mouth. I'm just sitting here awkwardly. Why must I getting dragged into this mess? I saw Lucifer. He seems extra strict today since we are preparing for Devildom's biggest event. This event can't be a failure.

A week from now, Devildom Hellish Anniversary, the meaningful day where Devildom born. The royal family has been celebrating this day for centuries. This bring joy and excitement to all demons. While everyone is excited, they forgot for that one thing they need to be aware of.

"Alright. I understand your excitement, however, I hope none of you forgot about pandemonium."

Panda...what now? This is the first time I heard about that. I'm looking all confuse now.

The student council officers nod their head, understanding what Diavolo talked about.

"Hm. Of course we remember. We're aware about that."Said Lucifer with serious look. This pandemonium thing is bad news. But this is not a new thing for them.

This sudden intense moment that I can't handle...I prefer them being chaotic and noisy like usual rather than this.

"MC, I take it no one has told you yet about this?"Asked Lucifer after noticing my confusion.