Chapter 6: The Rebellious Brothers II

For the first time in history, one of the strongest demons, Barbatos, is having a mental breakdown. This is the first time he felt so anxious. Anxiety, worries, guilt, sadness are all on his mind. Barbatos is sitting, leaning on wall at the corner of his room. He never lifted up his head since that day. Even for a powerful demon like him, this is too much to handle.

6 days ago, the day when Diavolo's father broke out of the seal and destroy the basement. The same day when Diavolo's removed from the castle. He left the castle with Barbatos regrettably. All hard works and efforts for world peace, the demon king destroyed it in instant.

All young master's efforts are just in vain...

The biggest Devildom event that's supposed to be celebrated today too, cancelled regrettably. The event that should bring everyone happiness, turned into chaos. The relationship of demons with angels and humans broke just like that. Demons in human world are forced to return to Devildom immediately same with humans in Devildom. Loathe and hatred everywhere. The future of three worlds is in absolute danger.

"Young master must be the one who's suffered the most. He can't save his own people... "

Barbatos confided his worries to Mephistopheles when he calls him the other day. He's so regret that he couldn't do anything to comfort Diavolo.

"... Is Lord Diavolo okay? " Asked Mephistopheles in worries.

"From outside, yes. But I know he's not from inside. " Replied Barbatos. "I apologize... We failed to stop his majesty in the basement that day."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault...No one would expect the original ruler to return this early.....Are you guys really okay? You saw the news, right?"

"The news about we're being traitors? Yes. That's why we're being more careful now."

"Sigh...Problems just keep coming after one another...Just be careful, all of you. Alright. You said you want to ask for my help? What's it?"

"Can you go to RAD and retrieve the Royal Memento for us? "

The memento of royal family that's supposed to be put on display during big event.

"The crystal blue ball? Devilgem? For what?"

"Just bring it to the location I sent. I thank you in advance, Mephistopheles."

"Sigh... Fine...Let me know if you need anything else."

The conversation with Mephistopheles ended there. Barbatos was thankful they still got loyal allies by their side.

"He sent the memento like I asked. Good. I know I can trust him. Now... For the next step... "

Barbatos falls into his thought as he's all alone in his room. He sighs heavily. How long it has been since he saw it. He wonders as a little smile carved on his face.

"A future where everyone dies... How many times I have seen it I wonder... "

Since when he's being so secretative about the horrible future? When he's assisting Diavolo to prepare for the event? When meeting other during student council meeting? Or maybe since the very beginning, when he's spending time with everyone in RAD? If he told everyone about the future from the very beginning, will the demon king not return? Would it be better if he just tell everyone that they'll die no matter what they do?

He's stuck in past and future. He thought going to past is not an option either. Things may get worse. Out of all million futures he had seen, none of them gives them a good ending.

This is bad... I must do something to prevent everyone's death.

He thinks, telling Diavolo? Telling the prince about the horrible fate lies ahead when he's still depress about his people? No. Barbatos can't do that. Then, stay silence? Will it be better if no one knows? Barbatos couldn't imagine of letting everyone keeps fighting even though their future is already sealed. Then, what should the demon who can see the past and future do?! Which possible future to choose to be reality?