Chapter 40: All Hell Broke Loose II

"There they are! Hey, you guys!"

Anqa shouts while flying towards Lucifer and Dantalion. Satan was running, catching up with her. He's still holding the book in his grip firmly. While running, he can see Lucifer's back from afar.

"Lucifer!"He shouts but Lucifer doesn't respond. He seems like he's focusing on something in front of him.

"Have you seen DeathTorn around here?"Asked Satan, walking towards Lucifer.

But the oldest ignores him again. He's still looking at something before him. Satan frowns at him before looking in the same direction. He becomes speechless as well.

"What the--?!"Anqa shouts in surprise.

Everyone can see Dantalion stomping on the lifeless flower mercilessly with his spear stuck on it. Even though it is already dead, he keeps stomping on it until crush into pieces. He looks rather furious and pissed off. The curse aura he's giving off is overwhelming and thicker than usual.

"You have already killed it?! Unbelievable! What are we going to do with the book now?!"Shouted Anqa furiously at Dantalion. She didn't expect him to actually kill it.

Dantalion glares back in a predator way. He becomes much more hostile and everyone notices his hair is shading black."I almost got killed by the flower. It's either kill or be killed."His voice is deep and harsh.

"Damn it, Dan! Look what have you done! You ruined my plan! Now how can we destroy the curse without DeathTorn, huh?!"Anqa shouts again. She is mad and pissed off as well.

"..."

Lucifer and Satan just watch them from the side quietly, not wanting to add fuel to the fire.

Dantalion grips his fist and grits his teeth, showing his bare fangs."We have no time to argue, Anqa! She's coming!"

"?! Wh-Who...?"

She is puzzled for a bit but when she realises what he meant, she gasps in fear and worries.

Dantalion feels the same way. He tried to avoid her all the time but now...it seems inevitable. The worst case scenario is bound to happen soon. He can't evade it forever.

He turns to Lucifer and Satan and speaks with a desperate voice."Lucifer, bring the rest of your brothers and get out of here now. This area is no longer safe."Said him sternly. He expects him to comply without asking questions.

"..."

Lucifer's eyes narrowed. Though he doesn't get the clear view of the situation, he just nods without arguing. He turns around and prepares to leave but before he could do it, a monster suddenly pops up behind him.

"?!"

"Lucifer?!"

BOOM!!!

Dantalion acted faster than the monster by throwing the spear right into the heart. The insides explode and are crushed by the curse, causing an instant death. It falls lifelessly before Lucifer's eyes.

That happened so fast that he could barely process the situation. He moves his eyes towards Dantalion who was glaring at his direction. Their intense gaze met.

Another monster is approaching from the other direction. Anqa watches their back by freezing and crushing the creature with her power. She gets a clear view by flying up to the sky and notices, a lot of monsters are approaching the area. Fortunately, she isn't worried because her frozen power is capable of freezing an entire state or even country.

Her metal gauntlet is glowing blue as she is preparing to strike. But...before she could do it, suddenly, a magic beam came out of nowhere and headed straight to her direction.