II - Level 3 - Carol Of The Bells II

It didn't take long before Shu suddenly collapsed, his hand over the wound on his stomach as if he's trying to slow down the bleeding. The wound had taken a considerable amount of time to start acting up when Shu fought the demon bats. Now, it was already showing signs that if it doesn't get treated soon, Shu might lose his first life. He groaned painfully and Luca helped his friend sit on the floor with his back leaning against the cold wall. 

"What are we gonna do with this wound? Your healing powers don't work and you're going to die." Luca said in a worrying tone. "Is there any way you can try creating a first aid kit with your in-game abilities?" 

Shu grunted, his mind going crazy. "No, I've never tried that before. I think my powers can only be used for combat, nothing else. I feel so much weaker like this but I'll be fine." 

Luca placed a hand on the other player's shoulder, "Just hang in there, okay? Worse case scenario, you can try taking the risk to kill yourself so you can respawn back to your previous location and come back to me again. How about that?" 

Shu scoffed, then wincing in pain. "Ha, you say it like it's an easy feat, taking my own life. That idea doesn't sound so bad in this arena, where everything else doesn't make a bloody sense." 

"Come on, dude, it's the only way I could think of." Luca persuaded. "Trust me, everything's going to be fine and you'll be as good as new once you respawn. Don't tell you're still going to be fighting with that wound on your stomach." Shu turned to look at Luca, the mafia having a concerning expression on his face, as if he's trying to reassure him. The sorcerer sighed. His body was growing more and more weaker. The color on Shu's face was starting to pale and the floor began to form a tiny little puddle out of his blood. His mind was drifting away slowly and he wondered if he should just wait a little longer before he dies. Maybe Luca was right, dying here wouldn't be as bad after all. With his trembling hands, he summoned a spirit blade and handed it to Luca. The mafia understood the gesture and took the blade, pointing it at Shu. 

"You sure about this?" He asked the other player, as if he was hesitating. Shu nodded and the mafia took a deep breath. Luca raised the blade high above Shu, trying to ignore the feeling of regret clutching his heart already. Can't believe I have to do this, he thought. Luca was about to plunge the knife down before he heard footsteps. 

And then another familiar voice filled with a passive aggressive rage. "Put that knife down right now, Luca, and step away from him." 

Turning around, Luca found Ike glaring at him with the most scariest look on his usually calm face. Paralyzed with fear, Luca swallowed. Ike approached the mafia and grabbed the spirit blade, pushing the mafia aside and crouched down beside Shu. 

"Wait, Ike, this isn't what you think it is. I have an explanation for that, just hear me out." Luca spoke anxiously. 

Ignoring the other player, Ike retrieved a crystal vial from his suit pocket and opened it up. It glistened with a bright blue color, sparkling like star dust. Ike gently poured the liquid onto Shu's wound the sorcerer felt a ticklish sensation all over his body. It was a healing potion and it worked wonders on Shu's body, instantly closing up the wound on his stomach and healing up his other injuries as well. Ike then broke the empty glass vial and it twinkled away, no longer visible anymore. 

He stood up and grabbed Luca by his blonde hair and yanked him close, his eyes flaring angrily. "Have you lost your damn mind? Why in the world are you trying to kill him for?" 

Luca held his hands up in defense, "No, listen, I was just trying to kill him so he can respawn! Have you forgotten about that rule in this game? We all have three lives each! Once he's dead, he'll respawn back to full health again so he can come back to us. I swear, I wasn't trying to kill him for nothing."