II - Level 5 - Here's To The Failure - II

Venturing deep into the forest, the group of three players walked in silence. They scanned the area for signs of Yugo, checking for footprints or traces of blood. The jungle was dense, filled with deadly traps and hidden predators ready to strike. The high-pitched clicking noises of insects and the chirping of birds echoed all around; and the air smelled of fresh greenery and even rusted metal. Weirdly enough, none of them were all that bothered anymore by the intimidations of the arena. When you've been fighting here for a while, you will eventually get used to how everything works around here. Alban had to quickly jump back as fast as he could to avoid a stray bullet that was shot from a canon that hid in between the bushes and trees. He must have stepped onto the trigger. He glanced down to see something on the ground that pointed upwards, looking like a switch that had a long thin metal wire tied to it. He saw the wire leading to where the canon was and he understood. 

"Yugo must be close by. " He pointed out. "These traps are getting more and more evident. Let's keep an eye out." 

"Stay further apart, " Fulgur suggested. "It'll be easier for us to avoid getting aimed and shot at by the canons. If you've stepped onto a trap, run as fast as you can. " With a nod, the other two players agreed and kept their distance. The forest was a much more cunning location to be in, where the dangers that wait to strike are even more unpredictable compared to ordinary arena bosses. Maybe things have started to get worse ever since Sonny died. Is this a sign for something upcoming challenges ahead? 

Not long after, Uki shouted and pointed upwards at a huge metal cage that was suspended above a deep murky lake swarming with crocodiles and even piranhas. As they approached the edge of the lake to get a closer look, it was clear that inside the cage was none other than Yugo himself. Alban could hear his soft little sniffles and whimpers for help. The crocodiles lunged up towards the cage, snapping their jaws and growling. The cage looked old and it had a really rusty chain holding it. Something might go wrong and the chain looked as if it will not hold Yugo for long. Pretty soon, Yugo will end up becoming a snack for these hungry beasts and all hope will be lost. 

"This should be a piece of cake." Fulgur said, cracking his knuckles and flexing his robotic arms. "Just gotta get Yugo out of the cage before those predators could even touch a strand of his blue hair." 

"You're insane, how the heck are you gonna get up there?" Uki asked incredulously. "Climb the trees? They're ENORMOUS! And by the time you get to the cage, that chain might snap and Yugo is as good as gone." 

"I can hear you guys down there!" The DJ yelled from high up. "Look, I'm not that big of a scaredy cat, I just....don't know how exactly I can unlock this cage. It has-OWW! -electricity on the bars." The blue-haired player named Yugo had stung his hand trying to hold the cage bars so he could show the other three just down below just how difficult breaking him out would be. "But don't worry, I'm fine.....for now." 

"It's alright,  Yugo, we'll get you out of there right away!" Uki hollered back, then flinching as a massive crocodile hissed at him from the lake, eyeing him hungrily. Uki gulped. "Just, we can try using our none-existent-but-not-really powers to see if it works?" 

Alban furrowed his brows at the other, "What does that even mean?" 

With a sigh, Fulgur's robotic arms began to click and shift. The faint sound of whirring could be heard as his hands turned into Neuro-guns, powered by using Fulgur's neuronic cells combined with his mental energy. The guns lit up in neon red lights as he spoke, "We'll have Alban teleport into the cage to get Yugo out but before we do that, my guess is that the cage is specifically designed to hold only one person and that's our resident DJ. So for now, we'll have Uki form a huge net right underneath the cage and I'll use these bad boys to break that chain off so the cage will fall and Uki will then bring it all the way to where we are standing on right now."