II - Special story - Fire With Fire - II

The Arena. Way back in the days, long before its downfall, millions of innocent lives were cruelly lost. Shotou wasn't all that bothered by it, much less entertained. He was a master manipulator who thrived on the essence of madness and chaos, toying with the victims that ever wander a little too deep into dangerous waters. A heart made of vicious stone, watching innocent people either die from bitter failures or slice their own necks off in order to end this agonizing misery. There was never the need for intimidation, because the Arena itself spells death by just existing alone.

 But this time, things took an interesting turn.  

Young teenage girl with fiery red hair and a firm posture strides into the Arena, clearly knowing exactly what lies in wait for her. Swiveling forward on his leather chair, Shotou and the Game Master leaned in for a closer look, appearing in absolute disbelief. Silence followed before Shotou broke out into a mischievous sneer, his cunning eyes twinkling as all sorts of schemes started flooding his mind. 

Turning to face the man, the Game Master began to inquire expectantly, "Master, your orders?" 

"Another lost little lamb ripe for the taking, an easy target......" He snarled hungrily, licking his fangs. "After analyzing the date you've compiled, seems this ones a tough nut to crack. But her Achilles Heel is blatantly obvious and that makes things so much fun. Don't worry for now, I'll handle this." 

"But Master.....your identity shouldn't be carelessly revealed to just anyone that enter the Arena." The Game Master calmly interjected. "What if they are not who we expect? If things go wrong, just say the word and I'll give them the usuals." 

The man smirked, hands tangling in the locks of his hair. Shotou removed the coat of his black suit and rolled up his sleeves, "Ah you don't understand. You've done quite a number of treacherous things to all of our players, but now.....I think it is about time I stretch my muscles a little, head out for a stroll. Just sit back, watch.....and enjoy the show." 

The Game Master almost grinned as it nodded, "Yes, Master." 

-

Cherlynn took her time scanning the Arena, turning in circles and anticipating its next move. Having heard rumors about the world's most scariest death match, she was now fully prepared to attack and defend herself. Cracking her neck and knuckles, the girl proceeded to burst out into a frenzied run, trying to reach the exit at the very distant end of this empty white chamber. With absolutely nothing stopping her, she only laughed to herself confidently, approaching the sliding door and dashing straight through, now advancing into the next level. Strangely though, despite being in Single Player mode, Cherlynn has still yet to encounter her first challenge. But it sure was taking quite some time. Ignoring that brutal information, she only paused to catch her breath, then exploring the second chamber again. 

Completely unaware of those demons and monsters lying in wait, hidden in the shadows.....unseen and unknown. For only a fool would be considered as such in utter ignorance and selfish pridefulness. 

Cherlynn wasn't someone to be messed with, for she has faced all sorts of peculiar events, paranormal and mysterious. This should be a piece of cake, what's the big deal anyway? It's just a game! She thought to herself. But that was when Cherlynn soon spotted a man standing just a few meters away. She scoffed, waltzing towards the strange person in expensive high heels, the clear clicking of her shoes echoing across the Arena. 

Placing an arm smoothly on Shotou's shoulders, the woman mused. "Fancy seeing you here. I'm Cherlynn, what's yours?"

The other person did not even blink, expression calm yet silently menacing. "My name is none of your concern if there are far greater dangers ready to break itself free of its chains and shackles. Being overconfident will often result in disaster and chaos."