II - Chapter 7 - Sword Of Heavenly Fire - II

Kuzuha and Kanae stood guarding the door of the King's private military control room, simple yet elegant. There was a large rectangular marble table that displayed the entirety of Aurora, including the city and neighboring countries. Most of the group has been sent away to another part of the Palace after they have greeted the King, to be given a hot bath and a full platter of delicacies to feast on; while Ver, Suha, Ike and Sonny had chosen to stay behind. They had followed the King into this very room, quiet enough for them to do some serious planning. Setting down his chalice filled with fresh wine, Ibrahim waved a hand across a few chairs near the great map table. 

"Have a seat," He offered kindly, going to the front and stood, clasping hands behind his back. "Tell me everything that has happened and how you managed to awaken the Crystal, I'm curious as to how things have unfolded so far." 

Raising a hand and standing up, Sonny decided to speak on behalf of them all. "Your Majesty, if I may. Over the past few years, my team and I along with Vox and his friends have suffered torture to its greatest extent and died unfairly, all done by one twistedly evil maniac, please pardon my language. But no other words out there can fully grasp the true nature of that nasty villain, so my friends and I, thankfully resurrected by the help of Aurora's Crystal, now seek revenge upon our most greatest enemy and put an end to this endless cycle of death and destruction caused by him."

The King leaned forward, hands pressing down on the table. "Interesting.....May I ask, who is this person that you are currently despising so deeply, mind clarifying a little?" 

Suha swallowed, hands sweating and his heart racing. Does he truly have what it takes to tell the King who the Manipulator really is? If it were to come to that, will the King still see him and his friends as reliable allies? What if he believes it to be betrayal? Suha hesitated, holding back his words. Sonny, noticing the awkward silence, cleared his throat nervously. "Please excuse us, Your Majesty, he has left traumatizing effects on all of us. Some may have yet to fully recovered from it still, so we don't really know much about him at all." 

Ibrahim mused thoughtfully to himself, nodding. Ver then decided to contribute and speak up instead, "Your Majesty, I have an answer to provide." Suha, Sonny and Ike turned to look at Ver, surprised. The novelist blinked rapidly then glanced back down at his book and quill, too frantic to think straight. "Our enemy, also known as the man behind it all, was the one that supposedly created the Arena a few thousand years ago." 

"Ver, what are you doing?" Suha loudly whispered at his friend, panicking. "He's gonna think we're secretly in cahoots with the Manipulator, it is too big of a risk!" 

"I know that, but I trust the King." Ver then raised his hushed voice up louder, clearer. "And I'm not afraid to lose it all! But I am sick and tired of being trapped in that hellhole for God knows how long. Even if nobody chooses to stand with me, I will personally head back into the Arena and end it all with my own bare hands." Hearing those words made Kuzuha raise his eyebrows. 

Letting out a satisfied cackle, Ibrahim stood up straight and clapped. "Well, that's quite the big talk, I'm impressed! So from what I can gather, this so called 'Manipulator' was the one responsible for the death of millions that enter his deadly Arena, is that what you call it? Huh, can't say I've never heard of that place. Sure, I have already seen my fair share of wars and battles, but this.....is on an entirely different level. I can strongly believe even I, the King of Aurora, has never dealt with something such as this magnitude."

Ike then raised a hand and stood, holding his book on one hand, quill on the other. "Your Majesty, we're actually here to seek your guidance and assistance towards this urgent matter. But judging from what you have just stated earlier, is it really true that even Your Majesty does not have any clue at all on how to fix this?"