II - Epilogue - What Happened To Sonny - II

That one VSF commander that went missing and was found dead? Oh well, do you then remember when he first met the White Kitsune? She was in fact, not who you think she was at the start. 

You see, Sonny's death wasn't really part of the arena's challenges. But he was in fact, completely tricked by Nina straight into an early death, in the most horrifying way possible. Sonny was sacrificed while he was still alive, which meant that his heart had been in the hands of the White Kitsune, still alive and breathing when Fulgur and the others found him. The White Kitsune had hidden itself in the bushes, perfectly camouflaged. Sonny knew what he was seeing and he wanted to call out to them, scream for help and beg them to run away from the forest as fast as they can. But his whole body was paralyzed and he was also aware of the pain that tormented his body, fresh blood still flowing out constantly. Alban must have noticed the blood on Sonny's body that didn't somehow dry up like how it normally does when humans accidentally cut themselves on a knife or a paper. But the White Kitsune had sacrificed Sonny as an act of intimidation to the players, wanting to mentally torture them and no longer give them a sense of hope in the arena. 

Sonny had decided to follow after Nina in hopes that she will provide him a way to save his friends and help them escape the arena without ever having to face the final chamber. Of course being the White Kitsune, Nina actually helped Sonny but in a different way. During their conversation at the shrine, Nina told Sonny that he was the only key to saving all of his friends and even herself away from this prison called the arena. But in order to convince him to believe her, Nina had actually lied to Sonny. The commander was just an ordinary human being fooled by the Nine Tailed Fox. The White Kitsune, this whole time, was one of Shoto's many creations. 

So sadly, when Sonny had stepped into the portal, he was led back into the arena but as soon as he had gone through the portal, he was no longer alive but only as a ghost. He had wandered around the arena as an empty vessel of a spirit, unable to be seen. He, too, was horrified when he found himself laid on top of the altar, clearly dead but at the same time, perfectly awake just to witness everything unfold before his eyes. The very torture Sonny had to go through was watching his friends constantly believing Sonny was actually dead, then having all of them killed off in the final chamber. Yugo getting shot by The Manipulator was the worst moment Sonny had to endure. 

Sonny was watching the fight in the Final Chamber next to the game master, who was also aware he was there. But as soon as Yugo was killed, the game master knew that Sonny will also be leaving soon. That prayer they had said at the very end of the story was a little guide for Sonny to depart in peace, leaving behind no negative emotions. But at the end of the day, Sonny wondered if his fate had been different if only he had followed after Uki instead of pushing him through the door of the 2nd chamber first before the huge wave came crashing down. Sonny knew he didn't want any of his friends to get hurt, that was the only thing he could come up with. There were other alternatives, of course and he knew that, but in that split second, Sonny knew that there was no time to just think of another plan. 

At the end of the day, things didn't turn out exactly as how he had expected. 

It only ended in blood, tears and pain.