Chapter 13

| June 21st 1991 |

Hadrian looked up from his 'homework' that was given to him by Tom when he walked into there room. Tom looked over at Hadrian and they stared at each other for a moment. Hadrian finally tilted his head. "Is there a reason you're in here?" He asked quietly, he still felt weird being able to ask questions freely even if it had been almost 3 weeks since his breakout. Tom sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Madam Bones' meeting is tomorrow," Tom said, Hadrian tilted his head even more confused on what had Tom so stressed. "What if they decides to take you away from me?" He asked quietly. "Hadrian, Im still the Dark Lord and have no good relation with your family or your bloodline..."

Hadrian stiffened. "Y-you wouldnt let them... would you?.." Hadrian asked pretty much curling up into himself, scared Tom would say 'yes'.

"No, I mean.... I cant stop them if they do.. we'll be with a minstry worker and probablu aurors... and I'd rather avoid damge.." unless its towards Dumbdoor. Tom answered and Hadrian flinched. Tom looked at the younger wizard and he was sure he saw tears in the childs eyes. Tom walked over to the child whom was pretty much falling apart and gently picked him up. He sat down on the couch with Hadrian in his lap, "Shhh.."

Hadrian wrapped his arms around the older wizard, trembling. "I dont wanna leave you.." He murmured. Tom kissed his forehead and looked down at him.

"Even if they do... I'll find you.. I promise.." Tom said quietly, and then game a sad smile. "I am the Dark Lord after all?" Hadrian giggled, though tears were still in his eyes. Tom leaned back and kept Hadrian in his arms. He cradled him in his arms, not wanting to let go of the crying child.

A little while later, once Hadrian had stopped crying. Tom looked at him. "I'll try and figure things out. I have Death Eaters in the minstery."

"You have Death Eaters everywhere, dont you?" He giggled with a smile that wasnt as sad as the earlier ones. Tom smiled and set Hadrian besides him on the couch.

Tom stood up and nodded. "Of course I do, love," He purred and held his hand out turning back to Hadrian. "How about we go eat?" He asked.

Hadrian took his hand and stood up. "Yes please," He giggled and Tom didnt let go of his hand. Tom pretty much dragged him to the Dining Room.

Once there, he led Hadrian to his sit and sat him down. Once that was dont, he sat across from him instead of at the Head of the table. Once the food was out, Hadrian and Tom sat in a comfortable silence.

Tom was almost done when he looked up. "Do you want to go watch the sunset tonight?" He asked calmly and in a soft voice. Hadrian looked up at him, smiling again and finishing up his food.

Hadrian giggled, "Yes please!"

Tom smiled back and got up, leaving the elves to clean up the mess. He walked over to where Hadrian was sitting and held out his hand. "Well shall we go?"

Hadrian looked up with him, the killing curse green met the red wine coloured eyes, he nodded after minute or two of staring. He grabbed the hand and Tom pulled his up, Harian took the lead and dragged Tom outside and to one of the clearing in the giant yard.

Hadrian finally let go of Tom's hand and plopped down on the grass, then laying back. Tom watche him. He never knew that this kid could possibly so important to him. Hadrian was everything to Tom, not that he'd ever admit it. Tom sat down besides Hadrian. Hadrian may or may not have move closer but neither were going to question it.