Chapter 27

| December 25th 1992 |

Tom sat in his office alone. Thinking. This was his first Christmas in decades, he would be alone. But after 11 years with Hadrian. Spending every moment of Christmas with the pre-teen since he was nothing but a baby hurt. Alot.

Tom may be powerful but his rival was indeed Albus Dumbledore, whom appeared to barely leave Grimmauld. Maybe they should report them to the Ministry. Tom sighed deeply and looked down at his papers.

It had been almost 2 months, the duo were somehow still alive. But they were suffering. Tonks was 100% right. He had seen her memories and they were suffering. Painfully. Not even the Dursley made Hadrian look so small and frail. Hermione didn't look much better but it was obvious Hadrian was the target in their games. It was clear the child had not betrayed him. But they were breaking. They may go insane if they didn't hurry up.

Tonks had took them they were fed a little bit of food every 4 days and water everyday. The treatment was worse then the Dursley, that said something. Awful. The Dursley usually went 2 or 3 days without remembering Hadrian was there. But never more then 3.

They were getting brutally turtored because they choose the better side and their only way out was if Tom figured out the best plan. Once Hadrian and Hermione were back he could finally continue his plans to kill Dumbledore.

Tom got up and sighed. Now that they had a spy from The Order, he thought this process would be easy. Although he knew Peter was in context with Hadrian, he had not yet met the man. Tom sighed deeply and walked to the Floo. He floo'ed over to the Malfoy Manor to be greeted by Lady and Lord Malfoy and Andromeda Tonks.

"You seem sad." Narcissa said with a frown, tilting her head. "You never did enjoy Christmas. But you never looked this said." Narcissa frowned.

"I still dont understand the importance of the mudblood and half-blood." Lucius hissed quietly and turned away ready to leave the room.

Tom narrowed his eyes. "You have an awfully big mouth Lucius." Lucius froze but didn't sure back. Tom approached behind him, his wand pointed at his back. "You know I'm only keep you alive because your useful right, otherwise you'd be dead. But that doesn't mean I can turtore you as the duo thats missing is aswell."

"They probably betrayed you!" Lucius sneered.

"But they havent, so whats you point?"

"So youre believe the disowned pure-bloods daughter?" Lucius hissed.

Tom fired the cutting curse at him. "Please remember insulting Half-Bloods is insulting me." He hissed and left the room. Narcissa cried out and ran to her husband, she hated Lucius for the way he had been acting towards their son's friends. She hated Lucius could keep his mouth shut. She still loved him though.

Andromeda sighed and left the room, following after Tom. She didn't care much for Lucius, therefore she wouldn't be much help.

Lucius was getting on his last nerves. He honestly hated hurting Narcissa but it had to be done. Lucius was so close to death it was weirdly uncomfortable. He didn't know why he cared so much. Maybe it was because of his. Or maybe it was because he had a child. A child shouldn't have to grow up without their parents.

Tom did and it didn't do him any good. Then he went after the Potters', that led to Hadrian being abandoned. Hadrian would have been broken by the time he got to Hogwarts, had Tom not decided to stay with him.

"You're so much nicer this time around, I gotta say." Andromeda said softly, as she walked at the same pace as Tom. Tom smiled a little, fondly.

Only Blacks could have the  confidence to speak out like this.