Chapter 16

| September 2ed, 1992 |

Hadrian giggled and jumped out of bed, getting ready to go. It was probably about 6:30 and he only had a limited amount of time to get to Hogwarts before breakfast started. "Is someone really that excited?" Tom asked, tiredly as he sat up in the bed. Hadrian giggled and nodded.

"Of course I am! How could I not?" Hadrian chirped. "Its not everyday Dumbledore gets kicked out of a high position and then replaced with Severus Snape, the oh so scary teacher."

Tom shook his head. "Just be back by tonight?" Tom asked and picked up something of the side table.

Hadrian nodded. "Of course." He staed, finishing up and walking back over to Tom.

Tom looked down at him and pulled him up onto the bed. He looked at the thing he picked up, it was a necklace. A snake and eagle together. He smiled fondly and then placed it around Hadrian's neck. "Tom-"

Hadrian looked up at him with wide, watery eyes. Tom leaned forward and kissed his forehead fondly. "It has protections and wards on it, not to mention its a emergency portkey if something were to happen." He stated calmly. The young Slytherclaw looked down at it, smiling as a tear ran down his cheek.

"It beauiful!" Hadrian cried and looked up at him. Tom wiped away the tear and only proceeded smile.

"Just like you," Tom spoke and then looked at the time. "You should get going, dont wanna be late."

Hadrian nodded and then stared at Tom for a moment longer, long enough for Tom to lean forward and kiss him on the forehead again. Hadrian smiled and jumped off the bed, disappearing out the door. Tom sighed deeply, I never thought a kid would be the reason I change.

-TLM-

Hadrian shadowed to the now Severus Headmaster office and looked around for the dungoen bat. He smiled at the older wizard once he spotted him. "How's it going?" Hadrian asked stepping out of the shadows.

Severus jumped, and maybe squeaked, not that he'd ever admit to it. "Oh Hadrian.." He sighed deeply. "Actually its going great. The Professors feel a little off about the fact I'm suddenly Headmaster but I think they've accepted it... considering none of them really know I'm connected to the Dark Lord. Dumbledore kept it pretty private for whatever reason. He just kept me out of Azkaban," Severus shrugged and looked down at his paper. "They students dont know, no one saw Dumbledore getting kicked out and I told the Professors not to tell them just yet."

"You know surprises are better then just bluntly telling them," Hadrian smirked at that thought.

Severus shook his head and sighed, "You are most right Mr. Slytherin-Gryffindor and should I put Ravenclaw with it?" Severus asked teasely. Hadrian rolled his eyes.

"I'm good with whatever... Just not Potter.... or Black..." Hadrian shivered at being called either of them.

Severus smirked playfully. "Ok, Mr. Potter-Black-Slytherin-Gryffindor-Ravenclaw?"

Hadrian looked up at him narrowing his eyes. "Absolutely not!" He hissed.

"Ok so, Slytherin-Gryffindor-Ravenclaw?" Severus stated before Hadrian found another reason to curse him.