Chapter 56

| January 1995 |

Severus Snape was not having a good time. The toad had tried extremely hard to change the lessons that he had to start setting up things for class'.

She adored going against him but she couldn't do anything to get him kicked out as he hadn't techinally done anything. He was simply enforcing the lesson plans the Board had accepted.

If she could get away with sneering all the time she would.

Umbridge had started glaring at Freya Potter a lot. Severus knew Umbridge wasn't truly after Freya but was after Hadrian. Hadrian's name was the one that came out of the cup in her eyes.

Umbridge hadn't been leaving the castle as much either and he couldn't decide if he should be concerned or not. He had gotten the update from Nymphadora and Emmeline, the women hadn't stepped foot in the ministry since the second she barged into his office.

He knew she was still sending letters to the Ministry, Severus was sure if the women could get into Fudge's bed she would.

He leaned back in his chair as he watched the students eat dinner. More of the students had been taking after Hadrian's group and started making friends in other houses, as well as sitting together. The upper years encouraging the lower years.

Severus didn't think he had ever seen so many snakes or eagles so happy. He smiled slightly and turned to Melody who was quietly watching. "They look happy." She finally said.

"I don't think I've seen them this happy, ever." He responded.

Dumbledore had really ruined the Slytherins ability to make friends with all the hate they got, the Slytherins had learned to just take care of themselves and focus on there studies. They only had the mask because their parents required it and it was a good thing to have. Dumbledore had never been able to get passed the barriers, only ever getting surface thoughts. Severus was glad his mother had taught him what she could and then he had the help of the Hogwarts library. He had helped Lily with it.

Severus sighed. He missed the Lily she was as teenage. He understand he had called her the wrong thing out of anger. She was so kind and perfect. Now, she was dead. At the hands of her son. He had never really thought about that part.

Hadrian never seemed affected by it, but it must have hurt at some point for him. Abondoment really caused a person to want to kill.

Hadrian was an amazing kid, if you skipped over the fact he tortured and killed people, slowly beginning a relationship with the Great Dark Lord of Britain.

Severus could see the relationship start building so many years ago and the two were slowly pushing it faster, he had seen it at the Yule Ball dance.

He smiled. He knew about Freya and Hermione finally getting together and kissing. They made each other happy.

Melody grabbed his hand and smiled softly at him, squeezing said hand. He smiled up at her.

-TLM-

Freya stormed into Severus' office, unexpectedly. "Freya?" He asked, grabbing a book from the bookcase.

Freya was breathing hard, meaning she had ran from whatever caused this problem.

"Umbridge!"