Chapter 31

| January 9th 1993 |

Emmeline stood there stand in her office and just stared at the not. Dumbledore had sent her a letter asking if she'd rejoin the Order of the Fried Chickens. She had almost fallen for it but with the help of Lucius Malfoy, she was aware of the fact that there was a loyalty potion laced on the letter, much to her disgust.

This old goat did not give up. Emmeline destroyed the letter out of rage and then took a deep breath. She would need to speak to the Dark Lord about this. Tomorrow was a good night to accept the Malfoy's invite for tea as well. She sighed. The aurors were looking everywhere for one Albus Dumbledore considering they need to put him on trial. It didn't help he was running, it made him look like both a coward and a guilty.

She sat down and sighed deeply. Dumbledore was a criminal in the eyes of Madam Bones, Minister Fudge, Lucius Malfoy, and herself at the Ministry. No one knew about the crimes yet, but it was only a matter of time. Lucius would probably be the one to say something, considering the man did things out of spite half the time. A chance to ruin Dumbledore some more would be moments of pleasure for the Slytherin.

-TLM-

Emmeline Vance exited the Floo and was greeted by Narcissa Malfoy herself. Emmeline smile. "Good evening, Lady Malfoy." She stated softly. It was currently still light outside, though the sun was indeed going down and dissappearing behind the hills.

"Good evening, Lady Vance." Narcissa replied simply and turned on her heel, her mask was up and her voice leaked nothing. "Our Lord is waiting for you."

Today, Emmeline had decided that she would simply ask Marvolo if she should risk returning to the Order or staying away, claiming to be Neutral. Although not many people realized it, luckily, She was a Dark Witch. But being Neutral would make sure Dumbledore didn't go after her specifically. He wouldn't exactly see her as a 'threat'.

Lady Vance followed after Narcissa Malfoy as she led the way down the halls of the Malfoy Manor. The manor was three stories high. With only one level under ground level that she knew of. Most Manors had dungeons along as some homes just simply had them, Grimmauld was an example. This was why a wizarding home like these could never be given to muggles. Emmeline knew that the library, kitchen, dining hall, and drawing room were one the first floor. Lucius' office and guest wing, were on the second floor and then the family wing was one the third floor. She also knew the Death Eaters that were staying here, none if them had really made an appearance. Except Bellatrix LeStrange, who seemed to be everywhere. The crazy witch was always with one of her sisters or the Dark Lord himself with Hadrian Slytherin-Gryffindor.

After a little walking the walked in the garden patio. The sunset was rather pretty. Her eyes landed on said sunset before they were turned to where Hermione Granger, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix LeStrange, Hadrian Slytherin-Gryffindor, and the Dark Lord Himself were sitting.

"Lord Slytherin," She greeted cheekily.

Tom rolled his eyes, surprising Lucius but he didn't care. Nor did Lucius have the guts to say anything. Not after so much Gryffindor behavior he had been doing against Hadrian and his friends. "Lady Vance." He replied with, he was holding on to Hadrian's hand, though it looked like Hadrian needed it more the Tom did. "What is it you needed me so badly?" He asked simply, he was not one to beat around the bush. Which was a good thing. Dumbledore spoke in riddles, all the time for no reason. Emmeline remember even before the Dark Lord started rising as a big threat, the Light Lord spoke in riddles. Constantly. Even when questions were asked in class' and about school problems. Emmeline was at least smart enough to pick up on it and didn't bother asking questions, half the time she as a Ravenclaw could easily get a book.