Chapter 40

| October 1st 1993 |

Hadrian sighed deeply and knocked on the door. He had not yet met his godfather, and he had no idea how he was going to start the damn conversation but he knew he would have to talk to him at some point.

Remus answered the door and blinked at the raven-hair child. "Hadrian..."

Hadrian smiled weakly and nodded. Remus stepped aside and Hadrian walked in. Freya had already talked to the werewolf and they seemed to be on good terms now. It just... was simply Hadrian's turn to try and learn some about his godfather.

"Remus..." Hadrian said slowly as they sat down in Remus' office. "It's nice to finally meet you.."

Remus blinked and nodded. "It's nice to meet you too Hadrian,"

Hadrian smiled a bit more brightly. "I'm sorry about Dumbledore by the way... how did he keep you away?"

Remus sighed deeply. "He came to visit me while you and Hermione Granger we priosners - " Hadrian flinched slightly at the reminder that he was in charge of not only his life, but Hermione's as well. "- and threatened your life if I did not agree to go to school this year." Remus didn't notice the flinch and that was Hadrian's intention.

"Yeah, that wasn't any fun. Dumbledore's in prison though, why did you decided to come back. You could have sent Severus a letter, telling him that you back out of the Defense position."

"Because... I still wanted a chance to meet with you. Even if you didn't go to Hogwarts, Dumbledore made it quite clear who your friend group was. Which... luckily consisted of your sister too." Remus answer softly.

"You didn't want to choose between us."

"Yes, but I won't deny it. You were my favorite godchild. She hated Sirius and I when she was a baby... and I - " Remus sighed and looked down.

"You left after my disappearance, so it never did give you a chance to start something we him."

Remus nodded. "That is what happened. But in the end you were both my godchildren and I didn't want to pick." Remus said softly.

Hadrian smiled softly and nodded. "I understand completely. We're glad you decided to back away from the old goat."

Remus chuckled and nodded. "I knew everything never felt right... I should have just embraced my werewolf and dark side... so long ago."

Hadrian nodded. "Yes, it would seem like a great idea to do now. You are starting to embrace your wolf? It'll make things much easier for you."

Remus nodded. "Yes, I have." He said simply. Hadrian smiled in response and stood up.

"I must be going now. I have a Dark Lord and an eagle waiting for me at home." Hadrian said with a sweet smile and then walked out of the room, once goodbyes were said. He liked this godfather aswell.

Severus was his favorite though. Not that anyone but Severus knew.

-TLM-

Sturgis Podmore stood there watching over Ronald Weasley as the stupid child was messing up his backyard. As one of the last remaining Order members. Molly Weasley had handed her child off to himself and Minerva Mcgonagall, then had herself obliviated once she found out about her husband's betrayal. Now Arthur Weasley was dragging his poor daughter into the arms of the Dark Side.