Chapter 54

| December 25th 1994 |

"Hermione!"  Hadrian exclaimed.

The girl rolled her eyes and removed her hands from Hadrian's hair. "It looks perfect." She mumbled.

Hadrian rolled his eyes and proceeded to tie up his tie. "So did you look at my egg yet?" He wondered, she may have said after the Yule break but the girl didn't have much patience.

Hermione was already ready, she was currently in a nice blue laced dress with her hair tamed and curls, pulled to the side. It looked like she had tried harder for tonight then the Malfoy Yule Ball, she was wearing a diamond necklace Tom had given her and the sapphire bracelet Hadrian had given her.

Hermione huffed. "I don't know what you mean." She mumbled. Hadrian stared at her as she started putting away the stuff they had used. Hadrian had mentioned it to her earlier that day about the night before, she had felt bad.

"Ok fine. I did look at it... or well heard it..." she said softly.

"And?"

"It was a screeching noise." Hermione said. "I haven't figured it out just yet but I believe it was a magical creature's screeching. It's why I've been in the library most of the day."

Hermione had disappeared into the library shortly after breakfast and Tom and Hadrian's gifts to her. Hermione had already opened everyone else as they were either floo'ed this morning or owled within the last week. Hermione had absolutely adored the jewels both Tom and Hadrian had gotten him. She was currently obsessing over her orange cat, Crookshanks, that Luna had given her saying 'it's about time you get a pet.'

"That's good. I'm so glad I have you." Hadrian mused as they began to leave his bedroom.

"You could do it on your own, you're smarter then me even if you won't admit it. You're just being lazy right now because you don't want to participate."

"Does it count if I just show up at the task and not actually compete? Maybe, I should have thought about that before they sent me towards the Dragons of Hell." Hadrian mumbled, because that was exactly what they were. You didn't want to deal with a mother dragon, they were  protectively vicious.

"You survived perfectly fine."

"I did because I had an advantage." Hadrian said. "I can speak to them for the most part, none of the others can. Delacour could've burnt to death. I'm surprised Krum's dragon isn't searching for revenge. He killed half her eggs when he knocked her out." Hadrian said, exiting the room.

Hermione sighed. "We unfortunately cannot go that far back into the future and fix this issue." She said and they began to walk down the flight of stairs.

Eventually they were on the ground floor and heading towards the Floo. Tom was already waiting for them.

"Well are you ready?" He asked.

Tom was indeed under glamours, looking more like a 16 year old then 25 year old and Hadrian couldn't help but being happy he was willing to do this for him.

"After you Lady Potter," Tom said with a wink.

Hermione looked like he wanted to attack him but she watched Tom take Hadrian's hand in his and pull the younger closer. She rolled her eyes. "Thats not me yet. It's still Miss Granger." She drawled.