Chapter 45

| July 8th 1994 |

Tom sat there quietly at his desk lost in thought. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to lose Hadrian. That might kill him. But he also didn't know how to bring him back into his clutches.

Tom had never not been in control. When he was, he was weak. Which was exactly what he had been in his youth.

Was Hadrian his weakness? Yes. He would probably do almost anything for him.

Did that make him truly weak? I don' know.

He would have to come his in control tendency or he might just lose the one person he cares about most.

He had never really cared for anyone.

He hadn't in till he met Hadrian. Now he cared about Hermione, and their inner circle of Death Eaters as well. Which was a whole lot of complicated.

He could have just manipulative Hadrian his entire life but chose not to. He chose to care, to stay, to comfort. The child needed it, he would forever need someone for comfort and possibly the reassurance of someone else protecting him as well as himself.

Tom's heart ached. Tom sighed. For aomeone who should be incapable love, his feelings were wacked. Tom stood up, he wanted to talk to Hadrian. Truly pologize. This was his fault.

He had pushed him over his limits by snapping and possibly yelling. He had to admit his defeat. He knew Hadrian never would because Hadrian was right.

Hadrian was his equal and nothing less. The one person that could ever hold that title.

He stood slowly and straighten his clothes. He was pretty sure that he had been slouch over his desk for over an hour at this point.

He left the office and sent out a burst of magic, to see if he could make sure Hadrian was here. If he was right, Hermione was at Malfoy Manor but he wasn't sure if Hadrian had went.

Indeed, Hermione signature did not come but Hadrian's did. It was a little weak, meaning he wasn't exactly close. Once 2 stories down, on the ground level floor of Ravenclaw Manor. The mmagic led him outside. He sighed, of course Hadrian would be outside. It was actually what the young wizard had been doing often. He wouldn't be surprised if it was because he wanted to blow of steam.

Tom had been a prat.

Tom followed it down the hill and into the small forest the surrounded the big Manor. He sonn came across a small clearing after about 5 minutes of walking.

Tom stood there for a minute. It was nearly dark but he could make out Hadrian's figure laying on the grass, staring up into the slightly lite sky.

Hadrian seemed so relax, but also Tom could tell his figure was slightly tense.

Tom walked into the clearing. "Hadrian." Tom said gently, lowering himself to the ground.

Hadrian flinched and bolted up. He sighed and turned to Tom. "Tom? What are you doing here?"

"Hadrian..." Tom sighed and reached over. He took Hadrian's hand in his own and intertwined them together. "I... I'm sorry." He whispered, "I've been.. a prat to you."

Hadrian looked up at Tom, clearing trying to find some lie or something that would not allow him to give into Tom. Being the close to Tom was comforting.

Hadrian tried to hide the tears and sighed deeply. "Tom.. I... I can't completely forgive you yet." He whispered, looking down.

Tom smiled lightly and squeezed his hand softly. "I know." He whsipered. "I'm willing to wait," He said, completely honest. He would wait, this was his fault after all. i fhe needed to wait for Hadrian to fully recover. He would.