3- She killed an alpha!

The silence was deafening, drowning out the sound of the forest around them until every individual heartbeat could be heard.  Timothy’s shoulders sagged, and he stuck one hand out towards Cassy.  Her low growl shattered the silence, and everybody started speaking at once.

Alex ignored them all.  His attention was focused entirely on the light brown wolf defending her kill.  To him, her growl was only a natural reaction.  Every predator has the instinct to protect it’s kill from other predators.  Her actions did not disgust or repel him in any way.  In fact, her actions spoke very well for her.  She never once acted in anger, and when Justin went for her throat, she reacted in the only way she could to protect herself without leaving herself vulnerable.  And when he refused to yield, she had killed him.  Alex wondered how long it would take the other young alphas to put together what had just happened.  He stepped closer towards her as she was getting up off of the still body beneath her.

Cassy moved away from the body towards the house where Alex, her father, brother and other pack members were standing.  They were calmly facing an angry mob of alphas, their stance casual but alert, ready for anything that might happen.  She regretted what she felt she had to do, but even now, after taking the time to rethink every thing that had happened; she could still find no alternative option, no other way she could have dealt with Justin.  If he had acted differently, she could perhaps have avoided the whole fight, and it would not have been necessary for her to kill him.

As Cassy moved closer, Alex could smell her, and his wolf reacted immediately, straining against the control he forced on his inner beast, fighting him to walk up to her, pick her up, carry her away and claim her.  Then it struck him like lightning.  If he had such a fierce reaction to her scent, the others would have had the same reaction as well.  It had been very careless and short sighted of him and Timothy to let her walk out of the study unaccompanied like that.  They knew she had gone into heat; and with her being unclaimed, it was like sending out an open invitation.  He had made a huge mistake in assuming that the other alphas would be able to keep their heads, or at least attempt to not offend the hosting alpha by jumping his daughter.

As Cassy stopped in front of them, he decided to send out a message of his own.  He stepped up to her and removed his T-shirt and held it out towards her, she stared into his eyes, most likely trying to figure out what his motivations were.  After thinking it through, she shifted, taking on her human form.  She held out her hand for the shirt, but Alex stepped even closer; not allowing his eyes to travel down her naked body, closing the distance between them until their bodies were almost touching, and swiftly pulled the shirt over her head. 

Cassy was so taken by surprise that she automatically held her arms up and stretched them out as they slipped through the sleeves.  To her horror, she felt Alex gently tug her hair out from the shirt, his rough fingertips brushing against the soft skin on her neck, sending shivers down her spine.  And when Alex’s eyes darkened, she knew he had noticed her reaction to his touch.  But her body’s betrayal didn’t stop there.  The earthy smell of him, the gentle touch from his rough fingers had the sent of her arousal filling the air, and she closed her eyes in defeat, not wanting to see his reaction.

The sound of his angry growl snapped her eyes open, and she was surprised to see the narrowing circle of alphas, all coming towards her.  Slowly, he pulled her behind him, effectively cutting off their view.

“She is MINE!  Back off!”  He warned them, allowing his wolf to growl at them.

Most of the men stopped their advance, but four of them still closed in on them.

Alex twisted his head towards Cassy, “Go to your room; right now and lock the door.  I will come up for you soon.”

Cassy hissed at him.  She couldn’t believe he had such a cheek to order her around!