21- No you don't, or no you do?

The phone was answered promptly on the other side.

“Good afternoon, may I speak to your alpha please?”

Before the call was put through, Alex switched the phone on speaker so that he would not have to repeat every single word later on.  They all watched as Alex patiently waited, and he was very much aware of all the eyes trained on him.  At least it was only the two brothers, their mates, Cassy and Dinah that were here, the others were outside, busy building a fire for the barbeque and setting up tables.  A good thing too, because he had never done anything like this at all.  Cassy had told him that there not any rules as such, just that the alpha had to be informed first as a courtesy, then the fathers.  If it had been members from the same pack, it would have been so much easier.

A voice on the other side told him to hold on for the transfer, and he heard the slight clicking on the line.

Because he had asked to speak to the alpha, in stead of asking for him by name, he had indicated that it was an official conversation, so the gruff voice on the other side replied with formality.

“Alpha of River Side pack, Jeremy speaking.  How may I assist?”

“Good afternoon Jeremy, this is Alex, alpha, Yellow Stone pack.  We ran into some of your pack members earlier today.”  He went straight to business, anxious to get it over with.

“The girls are alright?”  He was interrupted anxiously from the other side.

“Yes, they are all doing well and have graciously agreed to spend some time with us this evening.”

“Glad to hear that.  The parents were a bit concerned about letting them out on their own, but with the rogues out of the picture, I decided that they be allowed to go if they had a big enough group going, with at least a token of supervision.  Yellow Stone … Yellow Stone ..?”

Everybody in the room could hear the wheels turning in Jeremy’s head.  “Hang on a bit!  It’s that pack of seven brothers isn’t it?”  He demanded to know.

“Yes sir it is.”  Alex confirmed.

The line went quiet for a while, and then he groaned.  They could all hear quiet muttering and a woman’s voice in the background.  “Which girl’s father am I calling in?”

Alex smiled nervously, and cleared his throat; this almost going better than he had imagined.  “Tina and Liz.” 

They realized the phone was on speaker when they heard loud squeals erupt on the other side and an excited voice call out, “I will get Jim and Rick to come in quickly.”

“Are the girls with you right now?”

“Yes sir, the phone is on speaker this side as well; do you wish to speak to them privately?”

“That won’t be necessary right now; thanks Alex.  Which brothers?”

“Carter and Tina; and Derrick and Liz.”

“Alex, I can only speak for myself when I say that I am happy for the girls.  You did a good job with raising your brothers all on your own; and even if I haven’t heard much about Derrick, I know that you, Brian, Carter and Conrad had a lot to do with our being able to eliminate the rogue threat to our people.  But,” faint noises could be heard in the background and he continued in a hurry; “they are going to have to speak to the fathers for themselves.”

“Oh, they know.”  Alex said in reply just as they could hear a door opening on the other side.

The small group waited patiently while Jeremy spoke with the girl’s fathers, reassuring them that the girls were quite all right.