49- A strange dance

Chaos erupted all over.

All of the visiting alphas shifted as well as most of the council members.  Apart from Alex and his group, there were only two people in human form.

At first the attacking wolves ran up to the nearest opponent, but when they realized that there were still some opponents who had not shifted, they went for them; as result Alex and his brothers soon had more than their share of attackers rushing at them.

And right there is where they made their first mistake.  In assuming that the Grey brothers were less equipped to fight off their attack while still human, they rushed in blindly; and got so beaten up they did not know what had happened to them.  There were wolves with broken ribs, bones; and even one with a broken spine before they realized how hugely they had misjudged the brothers.

As the other pack realized how badly they had been mistaken, they started using their heads, but by then, their numbers of able fighters had gone down by nearly a quarter.  That is when they also realized somehow that the brothers did not fight the females as aggressively as they did the males, the brothers backed away and let up on opportunities to wound the females, and that is when the females all ganged up against them.

Cassy realized they were in trouble; well, more of a fix than trouble because they were well able to stay out of harms way.  This conundrum is what happened when you were trained to protect female shifters.  Soon after Cassy realized the situation the boys were in, the other girls did too.  Before Cassy could even protest; Liz, Tina and Amanda had shifted; strips of clothing flying through the air as they rushed to join the fight.  Cassy almost regretted being pregnant; if she wasn’t, she would have joined the men ages ago; but, with her being so far along, it would be dangerous for her and the babies if she shifted now. A smirk touched her face briefly when she noticed that she was not alone; Sam and Lucy were itching to jump in too.

The first thing Alex thought when he noticed the three mates; was that he was going to tan Cassy’s hide for insisting they came along and he sent the three girls an order to back off.

[No way Alex!  These women have got you all in a tight spot, and if you won’t fight them, we will!]  Tina was the smallest wolf of them all, but she made up for it in spunk and sheer determination.

Cassy did not even have to say anything as one of the males went for Amanda, barely missing her shoulder and leaving his flank wide open for her to get a good grip on it.  The sound of ripping flesh filled the air as he twisted out of her grasp.  Amanda let a chunk of flesh drop from her mouth as she flew back in to press her advantage and after a brief struggle, the opposing pack had one less fighter. Carter, Dennis and Derrick flanked their mates, trying to get them to move away from the worst of the battle.

While the brothers were all preoccupied with protecting the mates that had joined the fight, two of the men with Simon crept towards the spot where Cassy and the other girls stood watching.  No one noticed them at all.  As soon as they came into striking distance, they shifted and the closest one lunged at Cassy.

Cassy had only one moments warning as she braced herself for impact as his body slammed against her; at the very last moment she managed to twist her body so that he only managed to rake his flaying claws at her side; shredding her delicate blouse to shreds and slicing through her body, leaving a bloody trail of stripes along her side and the top part of her thigh.

[Alex!]  Cassy called in a panic.  She had never been afraid of getting hurt or dying, but she knew she would never be able to forgive herself if anything happened to the babies.

Before the wolf skidded to a halt, Sam and Lucy both had their knives in their hands and they rushed at him.  Lucy was closest and sank one blade into his side, just in front of his hip bone.  Although her strike did not do much damage, it made the wolf falter and he half fell away from her in an attempt to get away from the crazy girl with the knives.