45 - I think I am going to become a bachelor

Amanda watched anxiously from inside the house.  Lyle had turned into the stupidest person she had ever known, and if Dennis was feeling as impatient as she was, he might act impulsively and use some of his werewolf strength.  And as much as she wanted to get rid of Lyle; she did not want Dennis to get into any trouble on her account.  But, all she could see was that her mate was talking earnestly to her ex.

Her mate – that sounded so good now that she could honestly admit those words to herself.  She shivered in anticipation.  She would make sure that she was properly mated before her grandfather came back home later tonight.  Dennis had been more than understanding; he would not have to wait for her any longer.

She saw Lyle looking at the house; completely bewildered, then he allowed Dennis to lead him towards his car; all the time he would keep on looking back at the house.  They reached the car and Dennis opened the driver’s door but Lyle hesitated.  Dennis reached out and put his hand on his shoulder and spoke to him.  Whatever it was that he had said; it made Lyle step back so fast he almost fell over backwards.  Dennis; ever the gentleman, tried to help him up; but Lyle would have nothing of that.  He scampered backwards around the car; his hands groping to make sure he would not lose his footing again.  When he reached the passenger door; he opened it and got in so fast to shut the driver’s door from the inside.  He started the car and drove off in a cloud of dust and gravel.

Dennis stood there for a while; and long after the dust had settled; he turned towards the house.  He could see Amanda pacing inside and he smiled; she paced when she was thinking while he tended to freeze like a statue.  They were so different; and yet they were so alike as well that it amazed him.  When he would laugh silently about something; she would be laughing right with him.  He never had to explain to her what it was that had made him laugh.  Just like he knew that she was concerned about why he was not in there with her right now.  The same way that he knew that she and her wolf were at last seeing eye to eye; they both accepted him and wanted him; that much he could see from how Amanda had reacted to him.  What he did not know; was how much she had accepted him.  Would she want to wait a bit more before completing the mating process?  Because heaven knows; he doubted he could wait any longer!

While he stood looking at her through the window; he noticed that her movements became more and more jittery and anxious and he reacted instinctively; rushing into the house to ease her mind.  He was sure he would be able to wait if that is what she wanted.

“What took you so long?”  She asked; throwing her hands in the air.

“I thought you might need some time.”  He answered, trying to keep the lust he was feeling from being so close to her and the scent that was hanging around her out of his voice.

“It looked more like you took time.”  She accused him with a frown, but smiled at him a few seconds later to remove the sting from her words and tone.

“Amanda,” he started; his voice, his hands; his whole body shaking with the effort it took for him not to grab her and carry her away to someplace they would not be bothered for a very long time.  He cleared his throat and tried again.  “Amanda, the way I feel now; I thought it would be best to wait and cool down a bit.”

She looked at him knowingly and lifted one delicate eyebrow at him.  “And did it help at all?”

“No!”  Dennis practically spat the admission from his mouth; hating to admit to her what state he was in.

Amanda shoved him against the wall and growled her words at him.  “That means you wasted at least fifteen minutes out there!  There is no longer any reason for us to wait.”

It took him longer than it normally would have to process her words; but only a few seconds longer.  Then; in a flash, she was the one pressed up against the wall while his mouth devoured her; all his longing and need in that kiss.