10- Spilt milk

Alex stood and watched in silence as the attendant processed Cassy’s card.  He did not say a word as she picked up her bag, still lying at his feet and then wished everybody a cheery good night before walking out. 

“That is one ticked off woman for sure.”  The attendant whispered softly to himself; and of course Alex heard it and recalled what Timothy had said about a calm and quiet Cassy.  He had to fight back a furious growl; forcing his body to stay where it was.  Never before had he felt so humiliated!

Neither had he ever felt so furious, frustrated or bewildered before; hell, he was experiencing every possible negative emotion right now and it was all her bloody fault!  And to top it of; after everything; he still wanted her so badly that his biggest problem right now wasn’t his temper, it was his lust for her.  He could still hear her moans echoing in his head; filling his body with a need so profound he had trouble wrapping his mind around it.  And now he was going to spend the night on his own!

Drat the darn motel for a ‘No Cash’ policy.  He had more than enough money!  But with the rogue war and all he had never gotten around to building up a credit record like a 'good citizen' would have.  Now; on top of this fresh humiliation, he was not getting any!

With a sigh he faced the attendant.  “How large a deposit would you accept in lieu of a credit card payment?”

“I am not sure sir; I could make a phone call to find out?”  He suggested.

Alex waved in agreement and waited patiently for the conversation to finish; there was no rush at all now.  The attendant received the green light and Alex paid the rather hefty deposit and slipped the receipt into his wallet.

“Is there a place close by where I can get myself a decent dinner?”  He asked, grabbing his bag.

“A few actually sir.  There is the diner across the street; you will be getting your breakfast from them tomorrow morning; it is included in the price.  Then there are a few places down the road to the left.  You will find a pizza parlor, a small Italian place and a Chinese restaurant.  Those are normally the best, there are burger places along the road as well, but like I said; those three are the best of the lot.  Not too expensive either and the portions are rather big.  Good evening and good luck with the missus then sir!”

After dumping his bag on the bed he left to find something to eat.  While he was walking he wondered whether Cassy would get herself something to eat.  Considering what he had come to know about her, he came to the conclusion that she would rather avoid the possibility of running into him than get dinner.  Once he had resolved that puzzle, he debated what to get her for dinner.  Not for one moment did he consider not getting her anything; he had been caring for others too long to even entertain that thought.  As far as he was concerned, withholding food for any reason was absolutely inhumane.

When he came to stand in front of the Chinese restaurant, he finally admitted that he would probably always give her what she wanted.  He only prayed that she never realized that; he had had to deal with manipulating women before and did not want to be subjected to that ever again.

He ordered her four servings of the sweet and sour pork she had been talking about, with the extra sauce no rice; but decided to get some pasta from the Italian place for him.  By the time he got back to the motel, he had calmed down.  Oh; he was still going to take up this whole debacle with her, he could not allow her to behave like that.  She would have to learn to consider him as well.

He had already followed her scent earlier, so he knew in which room she was.  After putting the bags with her food in it on the floor, he knocked and then left for his room.  At the corner, he turned to see whether she would open the door.  It took her a while to open it up; she had a quick look left and right, and stole a glance at the bags waiting her door step.  Alex wasn’t surprised when she closed the door softly without picking up her dinner, but just a few moments later the door opened and as if by magic, the bags disappeared.