04. catching up

▪︎

▪︎ . • ° • ☆ • ° • . ▪︎

Lena Luther and Elijah Mikaelson are happily chatting while Jonas Martin, a warlock, is in the Gilbert Residence taking some of Elena's belongings.

If you would look at the two ancient vampires, you would think that they are some old friends that haven't seen each other in some years.

Which was partly true considering it is more around 100 years.

"Why do I have the feeling you are hiding something from me?" Elijah asks with a slight accusing tone.

You see, these two had never kept a secret from the other trough the centuries, they always told the each other everything.

"You do know me to well..." Lena sighs and gathered her thoughts at how she should approach the subject.

"In the last 19 years I was raising my two daughters, twins to be exact" Lena says bluntly but with a genuine smile.

"What do you mean Lena? Vampires cannot consieve" Elijah interrupts her, confused.

"Of course they can't, if you would have let me finish Elijah" she replies with a stern tone. He gives her an apolegic look and gestures for her to continue.

"19 years ago, an old friend of mine contacted me, saying he needed my help. Back then I had no idea what was waiting for me but I knew it in my gut, that it was very important..." Lena starts.

"When I arrived in an abandoned warehouse, I saw my old friend holding two young baby girls. They immediately had me wrapped around their little fingers. They looked so precious, like you would break them if you would touch them. He asked me if I could take care of them and I couldn't have said no to these beautiful little creatures."

"What happened to their parents?" Elijah asks since his friend didn't utter a word about them.

"They are dead. When I visited my friend, something had happened to their parents, that is why I took them, cared for them and kept my little girls safe" Lena answers with so much love and passion in her voice, when she talks about her daughters. Even when she isn't their birth mother, she was still the one that raised them and the one that the girls call their mother.

"I raised them in Hawaii, alongside my friends Jessica and Magnus. A witch and a werewolf. Before you ask me if I told them about the supernatural, yes I did because both of the girls are werewolves" Lena continues but she was still making sure to not reveal too much about her daughters since it was not the time to tell her friend, her family, the truth.

Elijah could tell there was more to the story but he doesn't want to push her, seeing Lena talking about the girls with so much passion, adoration and love.

She knows, that he knows, that she didn't tell him everything but she is grateful that he doesn't question her more about her daughters, otherwise the truth would have been revealed about the whole New Orleans fiasco and Melody being the Supernatural Queen, what she still doesn't know. Another issue Lena has to take care of.