14. complicated spell

▪︎

▪︎ . • ° • ☆ • ° • . ▪︎

After Klaus left, Melody had locked herself up in her room.

Studying the spell for hours. Contacting other old witches she met on her travels.

After one hour she faintly heard the door being open and Lena and Elijah coming in.

Four hours later she decided to call Davina.

Melody couldn't have called her before because she was still in school. Her being safe from the witches and not a target anymore, thanks to the twins, she now can live a normal life as a teenager.

Davina's face pops up on her screen.

"Hey Vi, how are you?"

"I'm great, how about you?"

"Yeah I'm great as well but hey listen Vi, I need your help" Melody says seriously.

"What do you need? Do I have to kill someone? Does Marcel need to kill someone? Do you need me in Mystic Falls? Did-" Davina bombards Melody with questions.

"No, no one needs to kill anyone. I just need your help with a spell. It is actually Nik's binding spell. I just have a gut feeling that something is not right" Melody replies uneasy.

"Ohhh, so your on nicknames now" Davina gushes with excitement, knowing that she has to tell Josh about that.

"Oh shut up. So are you going to help me or not?" Melody asks smiling.

"Yes, of course I am. Send me a picture of the spell."

"Yes, wait a second" Melody replies and takes a picture of the spell.

"I got it. So what is the problem?" Davina asks confused, having learned more about the spells and rituals, thanks to Vincent and Lena.

"Well you see. The binding ingredients are the moon stone, the doppelgangers blood, a werewolf, a vampire and the full moon. In order to break his curse, he has to rip out a werewolf's heart, stake a vampire and then lastly drink every single drop of the doppelgangers blood. So he finally breaks his curse and he is able to create hybrids. In order to do that. He has to feed a werewolf his blood, kill him and then he will wake up, drink human blood and be a hybrid" Melody finishes with her explanation.

"Yes, that is how the curse works but I don't really see the problem here..."

"I mean it's just to easy. Look his own mother cursed her son because of her mistake and she hated what they became. She wouldn't just allow his son to create his own species. I mean when he wants to turn hybrids himself his blood can't be the only thing that is needed"

"Hmmm. You're right, that is really to easy" Davina responds, having heard a lot stories of the Originals from Marcel and Lena.

They are thinking about every possibility.