09. dinner at the Salvatore's

▪︎

▪︎ . • ° • ☆ • ° • . ▪︎

Old Fell Property

Jenna is taking Elijah and Lena on a tour of some of the historical sights of Mystic Falls.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence" Jenna starts explaining.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families" Elijah replies.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asks confused.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise" Elijah explains. Lena knowing exactly that it's true.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks unconvinced and laughs, not being aware of the supernatural world.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything" Lena says with a smirk, glancing at Elijah.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial."

"Yes, they are" Elijah says with an almost not noticeable smirk.

Alaric walks up to them. Seeing him, Jenna says "Elijah, Lena, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman."

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric asks.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history" Elijah replies.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec."

Jenna walks quickly back to her car, leaving the two men and the woman alone together.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect" Elijah says, straightening out his suit.

"So is Jenna" Alaric replies, with an underlying jealousy. Elijah immediately picking up on it.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women. It's a joke, Ric, lighten up."

"He is right Ric, you do have to lighten up a bit. Maybe stop drinking so much."

She pats him on the shoulder and she and Elijah walks away.

"Right" Alaric mutters under his breath.

▪︎ . • ° • ☆ • ° • . ▪︎

Mystic Grill

Alaric, Damon and Andie are sitting at a table.