29. lies and betrayal

*.°○'—》|☆★☆|《—'○°.*

Melody and Klaus are sleeping peacefully when she wakes up and walks to the bathroom, feeling slightly nauseous. What she doesn't expect to suddenly throw up in the toilet.

Klaus is instantly at her side, holding her hair and rubbing her back.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong, little wolf?" Klaus asks her concerned.

"I don't know, I've probably eaten something wrong." She replies and throws up again.

She groans and flushes the toilet, going to the sink and brushes her teeth, washes her mouth with mouthwash and spits it out.

Melody groans and leans into her mate's chest, he wraps his arms around her, still rubbing her back.

"Maybe it's the city? Probably you spent too much time in Mystic Falls." He says with a smirk and she laughs.

"Maybe..." She murmurs.

"What do you say? I take you to your favorite places around the world and there were you haven't been." He suggests with a smile.

"I would love that idea."

"We can start with New Orleans, your birth place... truth to be told, I haven't been there for a long time"

Melody's heart starts to pick up the pace a bit. She hates lying to him, the guilt is eating her alive. So she decides, it's now or never.

"Nik, I need to tell you something important and you need to know that this doesn't change anything, I love you okay?"

"Melody what is going on?" Nik asks concerned, having heard her heart race speeding up.

"Back than when you were in New Orleans, the night of the opera fire, you saw Mikael staking Marcel but it didn't reached his heart, he fought and survived this night" she starts to explain, her nerves are all over the place.

"This is ridiculous, love. He's dead", he responds, stepping back and shaking his head, he doesn't understand why Melody is so nervous and maybe he doesn't want to know why.

"No he isn't because I know him since I was 8 years old" she replies, moving to him but he moves back.

Melody tries to hide the hurt she is feeling, knowing it must be overwhelming to receive such news.

"How could you not tell me?!" he snaps, angry and furious with her, he thought that they aren't holding any secrets from each other.

"I know you're angry with me and I understand but you need to know that we had to keep it a secret until it's time."

"Until it's time?" Klaus yells in pure anger.

"I-I'm sorry okay? It wasn't really my right to say it, I should have talked about this with Marcel and my mom but I couldn't take it anymore, I love you and I didn't want anything to stand between us." Melody responds, tears start to well up in her eyes.