"You go that way silly!"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Why did I set you up so early? I don't have to get up till 7:30." I muttered to myself as my eyes were still adjusting to its normal vision. I checked my messages instantly, still lying on my bed and a smiled etched its way on my face.

From: Tyler <3

Hey babe, happy 2 month anniversary! I can't wait to give you your surprise!

I immediately sprung up from my bed and almost tripped on the clothes littered on the ground from last night, picking out an outfit for a big day really is hard. I turned on the shower and sprinted back to my phone, texting Tyler back.

To: Tyler <3

Can't wait to see u too! And don't worry, my present will be better, haha.

I pressed send and jumped in the shower, soaking myself in warm water. I smiled to myself thinking about today. Today is me and Tyler's anniversary, two months to be exact! Let's just say we connected really well since we've met. I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth.  After slipping on an outfit, I straightened my hair and applied my makeup.

Another smile crept on my face as I couldn't hold down my excitement, that is until my eyes wandered from my face to my arms. A feeling of disappointment danced inside me. I must admit something, my bad habits of cutting and starving have arisen. They've been taking a slow toll on me ever since I was...free.

I went into the kitchen and turned on the little TV we had. I had the remote in my hands, ready to change the channel to watch SpongeBob. The show that was airing already was FOX 5 News. A fake sympathized look was plastered on the news anchor's face as she read the TV screen ahead of her. I rolled my eyes and was about to change it, but then I heard his name.

"Jason McCann escaped out of prison along with his older brother Alex McCann. The police say that they actually escaped 2 months ago. But the authorities' didn't want to scare the people so they kept it on a down low." The camera then cut to a huge crowd holding signs that said, 'Protect children not reputation'. My eyebrows were pulled into a glare at the woman, how could the authorities not tell our city about this? 

"We advise you to stay in groups and not end up like Skylar Smith, 17 year old who had returned six months ago." The lady said.

Really? They just had to use me as an example for that. I shook my head as I pressed the remote buttons to switch to SpongeBob. But then I froze to what she was actually saying, Jason escaped. I dropped the remote and the sound of the batteries popping out was heard but I didn't care, I didn't even look. My gaze was fixated on the yellow sponge currently in the shower with Squidward. He escaped. 

Two fucking months ago.

Why isn't his ass back in prison? Two months is a long time, he could be anywhere! I slowly looked around me, I know I'm still in my house, but you never know with Jason.

****

"Hey babe!" I heard from behind me.

"Hey!" I said back to Tyler, we both leaned in and pecked each other on the lips.

"Agh my eyes!" Stephanie complained beside me.

"Oh, just go to your boyfriend and make out with him!" I said sarcastically...but apparently not for her.

"Okay!" She replied and skipped off.

"Um...I got to admit something about your friend there." Tyler said scratching the back of his neck.