"Sweetie I was born in hell."

I shook my right leg in anticipation as it was crossed over with the left. I stared at the television in front of me but wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to the latest news. Surprisingly, it wasn't about me. Sitting on the couch, I turned my head and looked through the window, showing the backyard. I knew that in about ten minutes, I would be there with the girl, ready to escape. Yeah, I totally forgot to ask what her name was. Oh well.

I quickly went through a check list in my mind, Jason is out of sight. He is in his study, he said he had an important meeting to attend to on the phone. Alex, he was taken care of. Apparently he had gotten back to the house at 5am this morning from his race. Both of them were out of the way and the plan was clear, I get the girl and we run.

After ten minutes had passed, I decided it was time to make my move. I stepped over to what I first thought was a shoe closet, now I realized that I had to move the jackets out of the way to open up a second door that was carved into the wall. I walked down the steps that lead to the basement and there I saw the hostage looking down at the ground with a dull expression.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

She stared at me.

"Okay, wrong question. Are you ready?" I restated.

She gave a small smile and nodded.

I brought down a wet washcloth just in case and thought maybe she can wash her arms, legs, and face, because she was covered in scratches and dirt.

I handed it to her and she smiled thankfully.

She cleaned herself quick and I saw her natural beauty shine through even more. I was so confused as to why Jason would have the audacity to dump her so abruptly and leave her with no remorse.

"Ready?" I asked when she was fully done.

"Ready." She clarified.

I got the key from the plant where she said it was and unlocked the door silently. I stepped out and thanked The Lord that now my escape will finally come in play.

We both ran out and made our way towards the gate. She gave me a boost up and I flew over the fence. I landed awkwardly on my feet but just shook it off. Then I helped her get over the fence and she landed perfectly on the ground.

"Do you know how to get out from here?" She asked.

"I've had some experience." I muttered thinking about the night I tried to escape.

"Ok. Well we should probably start from the left, right?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I agreed, with a doubtful smile.

"Hey what's wrong?" She asked concerned noticing my lack of confidence.

I sighed quickly, "I just hope nothing bad will happen to us. I mean I've tried so hard to escape so many times yet I've always gotten caught. I hope we finally succeed." I confessed.

She gave me a hug. "Don't worry. We'll make it!" She assured me.

I smiled. "Hey what's your name?" I finally asked.

She grinned, "Christina." She answered.

Ok, now I can address her by her actual name.

"Nice to meet you!" I said.

She laughed and we decided to run to see where the path lead us.

****

After an hour of looking and running we stopped to catch our breaths.

"Man, this is so confusing!" I complained.

"I know!" She said breathing hard.

After a few minutes we started walking. I walked up ahead to a set of really big trees that were lined up against the road.