"Both of us?"

I woke up to the sound of Jason waking up.

"Hey, you still asleep?" Jason asked in a whisper.

I decided not to answer and to pretend I was asleep. I didn't feel like talking to him right now. I was still mad at him from last night, I mean who wouldn't be?

He hesitated before he silently got up from the bed and tiptoed out the door. I wonder what he's doing? It must be important since he actually left me alone for once.

I just snuggled into my pillow and sighed deeply.

And in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1-

I quickly opened my eyes wide and then it hit me. He's probably checking on the hostage! I raced downstairs quietly and I heard the front door shut.

Damn, I was too late! There has got to be another way to the basement!

I scanned the room fast, making sure there wasn't anything that looked out of place, but nothing. I sighed and slumped down on the glass window that took over the whole back wall in the living room.

I looked behind me to see the elegant backyard displayed with a water fountain surrounded by dozens of flowers. I instantly relaxed at the beautiful sight.

Wait, backyard? Isn't that what Jason said?

"Backyard, back door, and basement."

That's what Jason whispered when he was at the door with his gang.

Is the basement in the backyard? I shook my head, that made no sense. Suddenly I heard a door slam shut from outside, I quickly threw myself away from the window and behind the couch so no one would see me from outside. After ten seconds of waiting, I slowly looked over the couch and looked to see if anyone was there. No one was, did Jason go in somewhere? Was there another one of those little buildings in the backyard like in the last house when I tried to escape?

If there was then Jason must've gone in there, was the hostage in there too? Will I even be able to get out of the house and into the backyard to help?

Smack!

Then I heard a sharp yelp of pain. It was so sudden that I had to cover my mouth from yelping as well. I quickly stood up in horror and almost ran up, back to the room, but curiosity got the best of me. I could hear muffled voices, but non of it was clear.

I slowly leaned down and pressed my ear to the floor.

"Bitch! Tell me!" I heard Jason yell. Followed by a slap and a whimper, I jumped back up in surprise and quickly leaned down again to hear.

"Don't even think about lying or I'll rip every single hair from your head and nail from your fingers."

I gasped. How could Jason do this?!

He's a cold heartless monster.

When I heard no more noises other than the soft cries of a girl, I stood up and heard something else.

"Please!-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jason yelled.

Then I heard footsteps coming up in a flash and I quickly hid behind the couch.

I peaked over the corner and saw a door near the kitchen fly open. I've never even noticed that door before, I thought it was a shoe closet! Jason walked out and closed the door quietly with his foot.

He then walked back upstairs holding out his hands. Why?

I slowly got up and got a better view. There was blood.