I would wait a million years.

Jason's POV

I heard it. The bomb. Well, fuck who couldn't hear it? But can you hear my heart pounding in my chest? I laid on the now burnt grass, on my back. My leg is in soaring pain, but my heart may beat the competition. I don't even want to think of what's going to happen to Skylar. I just need to...

Get the fuck up and save your girl.

Yes. That.

I got up, ignoring the pain, and sprinted towards the house. The pain raced in my leg, but that only made me think of how badly Skylar could be hurt from being so close to the house. So generally thinking about that, I moved faster.

I finally reached the house to see a small fire with smoke coming into clear view, the police might come soon. I need to find Skylar now. Not only for the police, but for her safety too.

I ran into the backyard to see her limp body. I raced over there and saw her injured figure. Her face was covered with black smoke and had a huge gash on her left cheek. I went to gently stroke her face, but when I touched it, she flinched.

"S-Sky?" I asked, on the verge of tears. And yes, I know, this has been the 2nd time I have cried in 10 years. Once yesterday, and now. But I know it's not going to be my last.

"Jason-" She said below a whisper.

"Sh-Sh, its fine. I'll get you to a hospital, baby. Just hang in there." I reassured her while taking her hand in mine and kissing it over and over again.

"Jason, I-it hurts...a lot." She whimpered while tears fell from her gorgeous, big, brown eyes. Looking at her, just made me want to take her place in a heartbeat.

"I know, baby, I know. Don't worry, I got you." I said as I carefully picked her up, trying to ignore her constant wincing.

"It's okay Sky, just hang in there." I said as I put her in the car. "Let me call Alex to tell him to meet us at the hospital."

No answer.

That just made me punch in the numbers faster.

Skylar's POV

I feel like a million bucks.

If a million bucks meant being a little fly with both wings and legs broken, and who has been run over by a million cars and stomped on by a million people. Then yeah...a million bucks it is.

I winced as Jason picked me up. He's so sweet.

Really, that's what you think about.

Jason. J-A-S-O-N

He, is the one guy you'd never expect to ever, encounter you. Yet, he does. I let out a couple of winces. It hurts, more than hell. But I'm just glad he's safe...

He put me in his car and said something but I just couldn't process his words into my head, like it usually does to everyone automatically. It's like I actually had to think and work to figure out what he said. But I just didn't have enough strength. His hand never left mine and he was occasionally squeezing it, being tighter than the original tight grasp he had on me.

We finally reached the hospital and Jason carried me over. I closed my eyes, but opened them when I felt the warmth getting away. I found myself laying on a stretcher. I looked up to see Jason yelling at a lady right next to me while frequently taking glances at me. But, he wasn't holding me. I just felt cold and empty.

I managed to hear some of the things Jason was yelling.

"I don't care, get her into a fucking room right now!" Jason demanded growing angrier.

"Jason." I croaked out. He immediately looked at me, and all of his anger just washed off and he rushed towards me, kneeling down.

"What is it baby girl, does it hurt more?" He asked concerned.

"I just want you to be here with me." I whispered with a faint smile on my face.

"With every breath you take." Jason held my hand and kissed it. He looked like he was going to cry, and as for me? I am the fucking Niagara Falls, bitch!

"Don't cry, baby girl. It's going to be fine." Jason cooed me.

"We need to go, now. She's going to lose too much blood." The nurse said.

"Jason...I-I love you..." I whispered the last part, after that, I had no strength to talk. I didn't even get to see Jason's expression. I don't care though, those were my feelings.

I felt myself being moved. I looked up and saw the nurse pulling the stretcher, with me of course on it, towards the door for operation.

Jason's POV

Sh-she loves me.

But I just don't get why. Why does she love me? I blew up the whole house, I got mad at her for no reason. And yet, she still has to be the angel she always has been, and forgive me with the most important words to me.

I do love her...so much. I should've told her. I tried to, I wanted to go up to her and kiss her with so much passion and tell her I love her every second I had with her. But the stupid nurse held me back and said I had to wait.

Alex is coming. And I am sitting here, just so nervous. It has been 2 hours....nothing, not even a nurse has come up to give me an update on the beautiful girl that I am so lucky to call my lovely girlfriend.

I wiped another tear away from my cheek as it unwillingly fell. I know she will be fine. I just hope there wasn't too much damage. I sighed and was prepared for however long this was going to take. Just for Skylar to be okay, I would wait a million years.

She is my life.

My world.

Mine.