"Pathetic."

He hasn't noticed me, though. He was looking down at the picture he was holding to his chest. I quietly sneaked down a step onto the stairs. He couldn't see me, but I could see him.

"I'm so, so sorry for what that monster has done to you." Jason cried. "I should've stopped him."

I was confused and sad at the same time. I'd never thought that I'd ever see Jason McCann cry. Not that I wanted to see it. It almost made me cry! But who was he talking about?

"Mom....I love you...and I took care of that bastard of a father." Jason said bitterly.

His mom?

Wait a second...d-did I just say that out loud?

Just then, the sniffles from Jason stopped and it was pure silence.

"Who's there?" Jason commanded loudly, and unfortunately angrily. SHITTT!

I sprinted down the stairs, and I could tell that Jason was chasing after me, thank god he doesn't recognize me!

I flew out the door and went down the porch steps. Until a hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards, causing me to fall. Then Jason came on top of me and pinned my arms down above my head, looking angry as ever.

"Skylar?!" Jason bellowed. "What. The. Fuck. Were. You. Doing?" Jason growled at each words as if it were a sentence.

"I-I was worried, so I kind of snuck off into the trunk and followed you here?" I answered in a question.

"Why were you worried?" He asked.

I bit my lip, great now I basically am the girlfriend who's always on his ass! Well, actually the sound of that is pretty good.....

OK STOP.

He looked at me in disbelief.

"You seriously thought I was cheating on you!?" Jason yelled.

I flinched. "I-I'm sorry, you could've just told me the truth then make up a stupid lie! I mean, if I did that then you would be suspicious too!" I told him.

"I trust you Skylar, but you don't trust me! Even at the beach, you were so worried of me just taking off like that! How do you think I felt? With every guy there staring at you like you're a piece of meat!"

"Th-they did?" I questioned.

"How did you not see it?" Jason asked as if I were stupid.

"Well I guess because I was so worried about you! Every girl was drooling over you! And you, being the player you are, I'm afraid you'll just drop me and go!" I screamed...more than I should have, but it was the truth.

Jason then leaned in close, so that our noses were beyond touching, and our lips were millimeters away.

"You think, that I will just leave you? For any other girl?" He asked calmly, but icily.

I nodded my head, careful not to accidentally brush my lips against his. He searched for my eyes, and once he found them, he spoke.

"Pathetic." He whispered and got off me. I stood up and looked down while cupping my elbow. That's sort of my awkward position.

Jason took my arm, not too rough, but it wasn't at all gentle and put me in the passenger seat to buckle me in. He then went to the driver's seat and began driving.

******

We reached the hotel in minutes, and neither of us said a thing. We both held hands, knowing that we were boyfriend and girlfriend for show, I don't know if it's safe to say we're still together or if we just broke up or not. I hope we didn't. That's too little of a fight! But was what I did really that bad? Any person would be jealous...right? And about his mom or dad, was he embarrassed because I saw him cry? I don't know, we didn't even really talk about that, we kind of adverted from that subject to the beach. But I really wanted to find out!!